Scores released after application deadline? Will this work?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JMU

Scores released after application deadline? Will this work?

Postby JMU » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:26 pm

I will be taking the LSAT December 1st, and again in February if needed.
The February 2013 LSAT test date is February 9th. Scores are released via mail on March 10th.
The application deadline at NYU is February 15th.

Would NYU judge me off of both my December AND February scores, or just December? I am assuming just December, but i would like to know for sure.

Br3v

Re: Scores released after application deadline? Will this work?

Postby Br3v » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:39 pm

JMU wrote:I will be taking the LSAT December 1st, and again in February if needed.
The February 2013 LSAT test date is February 9th. Scores are released via mail on March 10th.
The application deadline at NYU is February 15th.

Would NYU judge me off of both my December AND February scores, or just December? I am assuming just December, but i would like to know for sure.

They will originally judge you off of dec I believe, then if your wait listed or something you can update them with your Feb scores if need be. All of this is my educated guess.

bp shinners

Re: Scores released after application deadline? Will this work?

Postby bp shinners » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:28 pm

Br3v wrote:They will originally judge you off of dec I believe, then if your wait listed or something you can update them with your Feb scores if need be. All of this is my educated guess.

Generally, yes. Though you'll have to let them know you want to be considered with the Dec. score. If your app is still pending when the Feb. scores are released, you can update it then and they'll look at it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”