Apply now or wait til after December scores come back?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Mr. Frodo

Apply now or wait til after December scores come back?

Postby Mr. Frodo » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:55 pm

Ended up with below median score after October LSAT for my target schools. Should I submit applications now and included a note ask adcomms to wait for my December score or should I just totally wait until my December score comes back?

The lady I met with from Vandy told me that I should just go ahead and apply and say that I will be retaking the LSAT so if they could hold off on evaluating the LSAT aspect of my overall application until the Dec. scores come back, that would be great.

I'm just not so sure this is the best idea. She said that's what she did when she got into Vandy but she was a URM and things may have changed since then in the world of law school applications.

What should I do? Anyone in the same boat that can offer up what they're doing?

Re: Apply now or wait til after December scores come back?

Postby 2014 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:20 pm

Wait. Your app won't be complete until that score comes in anyway so it will end up saving you like a week over just submitting that day. The last thing you want to do is submit to a bunch of schools and pay the fees only to end up below their medians again completely wasting the money. Similarly, you don't want to apply to a bunch of target schools, end up killing it on the LSAT and having to adjust your sights higher and pay for more apps.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”