Community College Classes Taken in H.S. Screwed Me Over?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dreamsofls

Community College Classes Taken in H.S. Screwed Me Over?

Postby dreamsofls » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:46 am

So (like an idiot) I signed up for a bunch of classes at a community college while I was in high school to get more credits and to learn random stuff (like art, french, etc). I forgot all about them until I got a copy of my transcript...and found out that I have 3 withdrawals and 1 C in a math class. To make matters worse, because I withdrew from so many of them, I was placed on "progress probation" (meaning that I withdrew from over 50% of the units I enrolled in) and then placed on "continuing progress probation" since I didn't rectify the "progress probation" on my record from the previous semester.

the withdrawals don't count towards the LDAS GPA, right? and will i have to explain this type of "probation" on my applications? has anyone had success in calling the school years later to fix it?

please help, this really blows. :[

Tom Joad

Re: Community College Classes Taken in H.S. Screwed Me Over?

Postby Tom Joad » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:49 am

Depends on how the school handles withdrawals. You won't really know until LSAC processes your transcript. You can call the community college and ask what their policy is/beg for them to change them to non-punative Ws.

CC didn't screw you over. You screwed yourself over, buddy.

dreamsofls

Postby dreamsofls » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:46 am

Tom Joad wrote:Depends on how the school handles withdrawals. You won't really know until LSAC processes your transcript. You can call the community college and ask what their policy is/beg for them to change them to non-punative Ws.

CC didn't screw you over. You screwed yourself over, buddy.

Thanks, that really helps. Do you think dropping from a 3.79 to a 3.75 LDAS GPA will have a significant impact on my app/make me much less competitive? I'm still beating myself up for that C I got when I was 16 sigh

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:52 am

That will probably only matter if it puts you below the median GPA at the schools you are applying to. The big problem is if LSAC counts the Ws as Fs.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”