GULC Group Interview Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
slawww

Silver

GULC Group Interview

Post by slawww » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:50 pm

I was invited to do a group interview and I was wondering if anybody has any insight on what to accept. Also any correlation between these invitations and acceptances?

transfer2014

New

Re: GULC Group Interview

Post by transfer2014 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:53 am

Be prepared for a bunch of prospective law studemts sitting around a table desperately trying to distinguish themselves from the rest without being rude by talking over each other. To add insult to injury, your conversation will involve evaluating applications and explaining which ones you think should get in.

slawww

Silver

Post by slawww » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:06 pm

transfer2014 wrote:Be prepared for a bunch of prospective law studemts sitting around a table desperately trying to distinguish themselves from the rest without being rude by talking over each other. To add insult to injury, your conversation will involve evaluating applications and explaining which ones you think should get in.
I see. From your experience, were these applicants generally students on the borderline they were considering accepting?

mmbt123

New

Post by mmbt123 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:18 pm

gulc comes to my campus to interview every fall. anyone who wants to interview can, so i don't think it's indicative of where you stand application wise.

like college admissions, it seems to be more an opportunity to put a human face to a piece of paper.

slawww

Silver

Post by slawww » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:03 pm

mmbt123 wrote:gulc comes to my campus to interview every fall. anyone who wants to interview can, so i don't think it's indicative of where you stand application wise.

like college admissions, it seems to be more an opportunity to put a human face to a piece of paper.
Well, the invitation i received indicated it was by invitation only, but if anyone has any insight i'd be happy to listen.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

transfer2014

New

Post by transfer2014 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:23 am

My understanding is that people invited to group interviews are on the cusp. Its a better sign then being waitlisted, but I wouldn't say it means you have a great shot, but thats just from my experience.

NDOMUKONGGGG

New

Post by NDOMUKONGGGG » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:25 am

What's the difference between GULC group interview and individual interview? (if anything?)

risa

Bronze

Post by risa » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:13 pm

Nevermind.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”