Applying to schools twice?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Applying to schools twice?

Postby Chambo » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:31 pm

What do school think of applicants who were accepted in a previous cycle but decided not to attend? What if the applicant was rejected?

After some heartbreak on the October LSAT, I'm not entirely sure if I want to go to school next year. I still have some waivers to schools I am interested in, however. I'm considering submitting some apps, particularly to these schools (I've got nothing to lose, right?) and then pursuing work opportunities. It may well be spring time before potential employers and schools end up giving me an offer, so I'm hoping I'll be able to look at all my options and make a decision then. If I do decide to take a job offer (and pass up acceptances) would it hurt me if/when I apply again? Would it hurt me if reach schools reject me this time around, but want to apply again with a stronger app from more significant WE?

Re: Applying to schools twice?

Postby 2014 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:46 pm

Not clear whether it would hurt you to get accepted and then reapply, but odds are that it won't. Schools admit 500+ people and review 5x that and I doubt if they remember you if you don't give them a reason to. Just make sure if/when you withdraw that you are cordial and express continued interest rather than not communicating with them at all.

Rejecting you one cycle and having you apply with a stronger app package will absolutely not hurt you.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”