LOR Importance

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Dasani7

LOR Importance

Postby Dasani7 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:14 pm

How much do LORs help an overall application?

One of my professors wrote me a good, basic letter a while back and I have since then submitted it and all of my applications are complete. However, he would like to send in another letter (after getting to know me better) that he said would be much better and more detailed than the first.

I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble of giving him the individual email addresses/postal addresses of all of my law schools though. LSAC will no longer distribute out letters if it's an "updated" letter.

iowalum

Re: LOR Importance

Postby iowalum » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:17 pm

Do you really want to sit there after being rejected from somewhere and wonder if that could have made the difference?

Dasani7

Postby Dasani7 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:39 pm

That's true. Thank you for putting it into perspective for me!

giantwhale3798

Postby giantwhale3798 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:55 pm

Dasani7 wrote:How much do LORs help an overall application?

One of my professors wrote me a good, basic letter a while back and I have since then submitted it and all of my applications are complete. However, he would like to send in another letter (after getting to know me better) that he said would be much better and more detailed than the first.

I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble of giving him the individual email addresses/postal addresses of all of my law schools though. LSAC will no longer distribute out letters if it's an "updated" letter.

I would say important when applying to top 10 law schools, even though many people think it is much less important than scores

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”