LOR "description" question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
alex.feuerman
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:32 pm

LOR "description" question

Postby alex.feuerman » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:40 am

Ok so I was only planning to submit one LOR (to Fordham and NYU), but my ex-boss sent me a copy and it's got BLATANT grammatical errors....this is the head of a T&E Department in NYC. SIGH... Otherwise it's a GLOWING letter, like, it says I saved his life and he couldn't have gotten through the summer without me (LOL)
An old professor is writing me another one but in the description I wrote "For Columbia law school". Can I send this letter to Fordham and NYU as well? Will they see the description?? That would really suck since I'm not even applying to Columbia after all.

Let me know thanks.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: LOR "description" question

Postby Br3v » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:52 am

alex.feuerman wrote:Ok so I was only planning to submit one LOR (to Fordham and NYU), but my ex-boss sent me a copy and it's got BLATANT grammatical errors....this is the head of a T&E Department in NYC. SIGH... Otherwise it's a GLOWING letter, like, it says I saved his life and he couldn't have gotten through the summer without me (LOL)
An old professor is writing me another one but in the description I wrote "For Columbia law school". Can I send this letter to Fordham and NYU as well? Will they see the description?? That would really suck since I'm not even applying to Columbia after all.

Let me know thanks.


They will see for Columbia law and I think it would look bad. If your prof hasn't finished the letter is send him a new one that says for all schools.

Don't worry about grammatical errors if you didn't write it, but did you waive your right to see the letter? If so that's an ethical problem if you can still see it....

alex.feuerman
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:32 pm

Re: LOR "description" question

Postby alex.feuerman » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:25 pm

He mailed it to my home address so, well, I know I'm not supposed to see it, but they won't know I did.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: LOR "description" question

Postby Br3v » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:56 pm

alex.feuerman wrote:He mailed it to my home address so, well, I know I'm not supposed to see it, but they won't know I did.


Br3v wrote:so that's an ethical problem if you can still see it....




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests