People will be "pissed," about this topic but...disclosure?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
digifly

People will be "pissed," about this topic but...disclosure?

Postby digifly » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:13 pm

Last edited by digifly on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gaud

Re: People will be "pissed," about this topic but...disclosure?

Postby gaud » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:15 pm

The second sentence in the sample is unnecessary.

JCFindley

Postby JCFindley » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:16 pm

digifly wrote:1. Does paying a ticket in CA = pleading guilty?
2. If the violation was recent, will it make a difference on apps to T14 schools? (170, 3.88GPA)
(Technically I was alleged to be urinating in public, but the ordinance covers that and littering and is labeled "unlawful dumping of waste.")

Is this wording okay and enough? I have nothing else on my record so this is all I would be submitting.

Sample Addendum text: On Friday August 10th, 2012, while visiting a colleague of mine in [xxxx], I was issued a citation for a violation of a city ordinance concerning unlawful dumping of waste. The infraction fine was $260 and I paid the amount in full. I would have attempted to contest the allegation, however the combination of the driving and time requirements interfered with my work and class schedules. I have maintained a clean record aside from this offense, accept responsibility for it, and do not intend for it to happen again.

********************************************************************************************

Pissed.... HA, I get it!

That should be fine and should have no effect on your apps.

digifly

Postby digifly » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Last edited by digifly on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gaud

Postby gaud » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:23 pm

You should definitely submit it. It's WAY better to be safe rather than sorry. Like JCFindley said, it won't have an effect. Relax.

Good luck!

digifly

Postby digifly » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:26 pm

gaud wrote:You should definitely submit it. It's WAY better to be safe rather than sorry. Like JCFindley said, it won't have an effect. Relax.

Good luck!

Appreciate the advice! Thanks

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:55 am

digifly wrote: I would have attempted to contest the allegation, however the combination of the driving and time requirements interfered with my work and class schedules.

Get rid of that line.

WhiteyCakes

Postby WhiteyCakes » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:11 pm

2. If the violation was recent, will it make a difference on apps to T14 schools? (170, 3.88GPA)
(Technically I was alleged to be urinating in public, but the ordinance covers that and littering and is labeled "unlawful dumping of waste.")

Is this wording okay and enough? I have nothing else on my record so this is all I would be submitting.

Sample Addendum text: On Friday August 10th, 2012, while visiting a colleague of mine in [xxxx], I was issued a citation for a violation of a city ordinance concerning unlawful dumping of waste. The infraction fine was $260 and I paid the amount in full. I would have attempted to contest the allegation, however the combination of the driving and time requirements interfered with my work and class schedules. I have maintained a clean record aside from this offense, accept responsibility for it, and do not intend for it to happen again.

********************************************************************************************

You seem to contradict yourself. At one point, you say "I would have attempted to contest the allegation", but in the next sentence you write "I...accept responsibility for it". Either you were at fault or you weren't. Pick one.

Swimp

Postby Swimp » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:28 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:

You seem to contradict yourself. At one point, you say "I would have attempted to contest the allegation", but in the next sentence you write "I...accept responsibility for it". Either you were at fault or you weren't. Pick one.

(Hint: You were at fault.)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”