Ch-ch-ch-chances Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
glaw01

New

Ch-ch-ch-chances

Post by glaw01 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:50 pm

I've already used lawschoolpredictor.com, and it's looking like my numbers put me solidly on the line for admissions into my top schools (HLS, SLS, CLS, mainly).

3.78 GPR, 174 LSAT, decent softs (speak four languages and pretty involved, just like everyone else on TLS), and strong recommendations from some accomplished individuals who know me well and have verbalized that they place me in the top 1-2% of students with whom they've worked.

Is HLS/SLS/CLS just a pipe dream, or will I actually have a decent shot with the aforementioned credentials?

helix23

Gold

Re: Ch-ch-ch-chances

Post by helix23 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:55 pm

glaw01 wrote:I've already used lawschoolpredictor.com, and it's looking like my numbers put me solidly on the line for admissions into my top schools (HLS, SLS, CLS, mainly).

3.78 GPR, 174 LSAT, decent softs (speak four languages and pretty involved, just like everyone else on TLS), and strong recommendations from some accomplished individuals who know me well and have verbalized that they place me in the top 1-2% of students with whom they've worked.

Is HLS/SLS/CLS just a pipe dream, or will I actually have a decent shot with the aforementioned credentials?
GPA may be a little low for HS, you look pretty good at CLS.

http://myLSN.info/svya56

WhiskeynCoke

Bronze

Post by WhiskeynCoke » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:32 am

If this isn't a flame, congratulations. I disagree with the above poster. You're above Harvards 25th

Y - Very unlikely, unless you severely understated your softs. Even then... GPA is too low
S - slim, slightly better than Y (again, GPA)
H - Likely IN. With numbers down next cycle and its huge class, H will need your LSAT. GPA is above their 25th and LSAT is
almost at their 75th (very well might be at new 75th for next years 1L class)
C and everything below it - LOCK (except for Yield Protection and maybe if Berkeley doesn't think you're groovy enough)

Basically, enjoy HLS next year. Or CLS if they give you enough $$$.

Blessedassurance

Gold

Post by Blessedassurance » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:29 am

WhiskeynCoke wrote:If this isn't a flame, congratulations. I disagree with the above poster. You're above Harvards 25th

Y - Very unlikely, unless you severely understated your softs. Even then... GPA is too low
H - Likely IN. With numbers down next cycle and its huge class, H will need your LSAT. GPA is above their 25th and LSAT is
C and everything below it - LOCK (except for Yield Protection and maybe if Berkeley doesn't think you're groovy enough)

What is this weird TLS-created S flame?

Stanford is actually the easiest to get into based on numbers. It's "hard" because the admission is "arbitrary" in the sense that they consider softs etc., and let people in for all kinds of reasons not having anything to do with numbers.

glaw01

New

Post by glaw01 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:02 am

WhiskeynCoke wrote:If this isn't a flame, congratulations. I disagree with the above poster. You're above Harvards 25th

I'm not a flame, promise! But thanks for the encouraging reply - I guess all I can do now is write the strongest PS possible and hope for the best?

helix23

Gold

Post by helix23 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:45 pm

not sure how you can "disagree" with statistics.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”