Early Decision admission of University of Texas at Austin.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
heyman86us

Early Decision admission of University of Texas at Austin.

Postby heyman86us » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi,

My numbers: LSAT 155 / LSDAS GPA 3.99

I submitted Early Decision application for admission to the Fall 2013 of University of Texas at Austin without knowing my October LSAT score.
I received my October 2012 score: 155. After receiving the score, I decided to take LSAT one more time in February 2013 since the Oct LSAT was my first one.

Since I submitted Early Admission application, I understand that my application will be reviewed and a decision will be made before my future February 2013 LSAT score comes out.

So, my question is what should I do?

Should I tell the admission committee to cancel ED from my application and hold it until my February 2013 LSAT score comes out, and then review my application for Regular Decision?

Or, should I just keep my application file as Early Decision, and see what happens since my GPA is high?
I understand that if they reject me after reviewing my Early Decision application, probably in Jan or early Feb, then my future February 2013 LSAT score will have no affect on this cycle (Fall 2013) for UT Austin.

I know the best scenario will be keep my application file as Early Decision and admitted before February.
And, next best scenario will be keep my application file as ED and wait-listed, then the admission committee take into account my Feb 2013 LSAT score with my application package for Regular Decision.
But, the worst scenario and one that I am concerning is that keep my application as Early Decision, and they reject me in Jan or Feb before my Feb score comes out.

What should I do? Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,

minnbills

Re: Early Decision admission of University of Texas at Austin.

Postby minnbills » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:09 pm

You're wasting that GPA, IMO. Find a way out and get the LSAT up. Get into the high 160s and you're going t14. Break 170 and you're going to have fantastic options.

Not to mention the scholarships. That alone is worth the wait.

fruitoftheloom

Re: Early Decision admission of University of Texas at Austin.

Postby fruitoftheloom » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:07 pm

Since Texas is just early action (ie, nonbinding), you can probably just ask them to hold off on reviewing your application until you have completed the February retake.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”