Should I retake in December or wait until next June?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar

Posts: 1853
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Should I retake in December or wait until next June?

Postby DaRascal » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:57 pm

I'm already signed up for December but I'm not sure if I should retake in December now. I have a 3.61 LSDAS and I got a 161 on the October LSAT (improvement from a 158 in June) but my PT average was a 165 before June but I did not take a single PT between June and October. I really didn't even study hard I just went in with a more confident mind set.

Anyway, I'm really not sure what to do. I'm URM (PR) but I know there are going to be many URMs with more impressive numbers. I sent out my apps and I'm praying I can snag lower T14 but I have a feeling there's a strong possibility I could get waitlisted if not rejected at all of them so a big part of me wants to retake in December. If I wait until June though I won't have to worry about school interfering with my studying for the LSAT because I'll graduate next May and I think I have a better chance at hitting my PT average that way. However, I also think by the time I graduate my LSDAS could slip into the 3.4 range and I'll have to apply again next cycle and bite the app fees I paid this cycle.

What would you do if you were me? I'm feeling like December retake might be the right answer and just go with whatever offers I get this cycle.

User avatar

Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Should I retake in December or wait until next June?

Postby helix23 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:03 pm

I would retake in June. Study as much as possible and break 165+. Get some WE and apply next cycle.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests