Any chance for Northwestern, Georgetown, UVA?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
StartingNew

Any chance for Northwestern, Georgetown, UVA?

Postby StartingNew » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:20 pm

So Georgetown and Northwestern are probably my top choices

164 LSAT, 3.7 Undergrad GPA, with a Masters in Classics from the University of Glasgow (UK)

I also have been working as paralegal in a top immigration law firm for the past 8 months, and have some great extracurricular and employment experience. Thinks the softs will help the lower lsat?

WhiteyCakes

Re: Any chance for Northwestern, Georgetown, UVA?

Postby WhiteyCakes » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:22 pm

nickb285

Postby nickb285 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:24 pm

Retake the LSAT. If you don't retake, you may or may not get in (Check lawschoolnumbers.com) and if you do, you likely won't get scholarship money. Don't waste a good GPA.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:33 pm

StartingNew wrote:So Georgetown and Northwestern are probably my top choices

164 LSAT, 3.7 Undergrad GPA, with a Masters in Classics from the University of Glasgow (UK)

I also have been working as paralegal in a top immigration law firm for the past 8 months, and have some great extracurricular and employment experience. Thinks the softs will help the lower lsat?

You are below both medians. That is the admissions death knell for non-URMs. You must re-take the LSAT.

As an aside, I've never seen a "great extracurricular" in terms of law school admissions, and its very likely you're bringing anything to the table that would change the game (except URM status, if you have it).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”