Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
WanderingPondering
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby WanderingPondering » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:42 am

3.1/166

Solicited
Emory
Uga
Georgia state
Temple
Wash u

User avatar
annet
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby annet » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:57 am

francesfarmer wrote:
law_app_noob wrote:3.44/177

So far I have Notre Dame, UCLA, W&M, BU, Duke (priority track), Michigan (snail-mail), UVA.

Edit: Also got email from Harvard, but no fee waiver

I got three emails from Harvard yesterday and I'm not even in Harvard's league. What is their deal? Are they just blanket emailing everyone with a 170+?


I got two, Harvard seems to have mailed everyone currently signed up for CRS for this cycle.

Sinfiery posted a good one in the December retakers thread :)

sinfiery wrote:lol

A Harvard 1L just congradulated me for getting admitted into HLS.

wtf hhhaaavad, get ur shit together



Dear xxx,

Congratulations on your admission to Harvard Law School. You have been admitted to one of the most preeminent institutions of legal education and to be a part of an exciting and vibrant community. One year ago, I was in your shoes and I understand that considering law school can be a challenging and daunting experience. Fortunately, Harvard Law School has numerous affinity groups that provide students with resources and guidance to assist them in this process of transition.

APALSA (Asian Pacific American Law Students Association) is a political, academic

M458
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby M458 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:02 pm

Got NYU and Penn today via email. Michigan as well, but hidden waiver.

law_app_noob
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:29 am

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby law_app_noob » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:14 pm

M458 wrote:Got NYU and Penn today via email. Michigan as well, but hidden waiver.


Out of curiosity, what were your numbers?

User avatar
kay2016
Posts: 1121
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby kay2016 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:14 pm

Have solicited several today, only one to say no thus far was Alabama. Said if I qualified they'd send me it through CRS.

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby sinfiery » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:21 pm

3.84/176
so far from T-14 unsolicited:
Duke
UVA
UPenn
NYU
UMich (Hidden, probably in snail mail. Haven't checked.)

Solicited:
HY - Emailed me they don't give merit-based fee waivers, sent me app for need-based. Email had need and merit based criteria inside.
S/Colombia - Pending
UT (instate) - Emailed only a limited amount of waivers available, must be registered on CRS to be eligible. I am registered/have been for a year, so they basically denied me.

M458
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby M458 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:23 pm

law_app_noob wrote:
M458 wrote:Got NYU and Penn today via email. Michigan as well, but hidden waiver.


Out of curiosity, what were your numbers?


3.94/169. Hidden waiver from USC as well.

lovelyx09
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby lovelyx09 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:07 pm

Has anyone gotten anything from Columbia or Chicago?

lovelyx09
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby lovelyx09 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:55 pm

I got a hidden waiver from Columbia today!

ninetails
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:48 pm

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby ninetails » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:40 pm

Assuming no major errors with the e-mail itself, could attempting to solicit a fee waiver ever have a negative effect on your application?

andreskicdo
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:06 am

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby andreskicdo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:25 pm

Has anybody gotten any non-hidden Columbia ones? are there any other T-14 that give merit fee waivers besides:

NYU
Penn
Michigan
Duke
UVA

M458
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby M458 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:37 pm

andreskicdo wrote:Has anybody gotten any non-hidden Columbia ones? are there any other T-14 that give merit fee waivers besides:

NYU
Penn
Michigan
Duke
UVA


I've received the same ones you've listed above...waiting on Chicago, Cornell, Northwestern, Texas, and Vanderbilt. Looks like all of them do give merit waivers if you look at the 2010 waiver thread and the spreadsheet someone put together, but they just haven't sent them out yet perhaps. I was going to wait until Friday and then start sending out emails.

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby sinfiery » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:45 pm

M458 wrote:
andreskicdo wrote:Has anybody gotten any non-hidden Columbia ones? are there any other T-14 that give merit fee waivers besides:

NYU
Penn
Michigan
Duke
UVA


I've received the same ones you've listed above...waiting on Chicago, Cornell, Northwestern, Texas, and Vanderbilt. Looks like all of them do give merit waivers if you look at the 2010 waiver thread and the spreadsheet someone put together, but they just haven't sent them out yet perhaps. I was going to wait until Friday and then start sending out emails.

I received a Vandy fee waiver yesterday.

Texas deferred my solicited request.
Still waiting on Colombia myself (Also deferred my solicited request), hopefully they send them out over a few days/hours.
Also waiting on Chicago.

darkgrayclouds
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:03 am

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby darkgrayclouds » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:51 pm

How long are you guys willing to wait before you bite the bullet and pay the application fee for Columbia and Chicago?

I took the October LSAT and am now 3.8+ and 175+, waiting on fee waivers from these two schools. Tried soliciting earlier this week but received the standard "wait for CRS" response. I'm trying to decide how long I'm willing to wait before I fork over the $155.

M458
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby M458 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:58 pm

sinfiery wrote:I received a Vandy fee waiver yesterday.

Texas deferred my solicited request.
Still waiting on Colombia myself (Also deferred my solicited request), hopefully they send them out over a few days/hours.
Also waiting on Chicago.


Hey, Sin--did you email Vanderbilt or was it unsolicited? A bit bummed I didn't get that one. If it was unsolicited, figure it's time to email them.

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby sinfiery » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:10 pm

M458 wrote:Hey, Sin--did you email Vanderbilt or was it unsolicited? A bit bummed I didn't get that one. If it was unsolicited, figure it's time to email them.

Unsolicited.

darkgrayclouds wrote:How long are you guys willing to wait before you bite the bullet and pay the application fee for Columbia and Chicago?

I took the October LSAT and am now 3.8+ and 175+, waiting on fee waivers from these two schools. Tried soliciting earlier this week but received the standard "wait for CRS" response. I'm trying to decide how long I'm willing to wait before I fork over the $155.

Exact same boat as you except that my apps aren't finished yet. Waiting on LORs and need to finish my PS. I figure if I don't have the waivers by then, I'm gonna have to fork over the cash. So about 5-7 more days here.

armysgt
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby armysgt » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:16 pm

ninetails wrote:Assuming no major errors with the e-mail itself, could attempting to solicit a fee waiver ever have a negative effect on your application?

+1

Also, I took the LSAT this October but am not applying till the next cycle..I'm getting several unsolicited waivers. Do they only give unsolicited waivers for the year that you took the lsat in? i.e. Will I be able to get any unsolicited waivers next year when I do apply??

lovelyx09
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby lovelyx09 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:48 pm

darkgrayclouds wrote:How long are you guys willing to wait before you bite the bullet and pay the application fee for Columbia and Chicago?

I took the October LSAT and am now 3.8+ and 175+, waiting on fee waivers from these two schools. Tried soliciting earlier this week but received the standard "wait for CRS" response. I'm trying to decide how long I'm willing to wait before I fork over the $155.


I'll submit this weekend if I don't hear from Chicago by Friday. I figure I won't be getting one if it doesn't come by then. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

User avatar
jubee
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby jubee » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:37 am

Hi guys,

Do schools send waivers if you don't have a reportable GPA yet? Also, do they seem to be sent sporadically or in batches? I'm worried that I missed out on some waivers- I'm an Oct '12 taker, and after receiving my score Thursday, I realized I wasn't signed up for CRS and signed up Friday afternoon. I had no reportable LSAT score before this one, and my transcript wasn't processed/posted to my account until Monday (11/5). I've gotten a few waivers (Duke PT, UVA, UCLA) but am hoping that my later sign up/transcript didn't make me miss out, either completely for some schools or if the next batch wasn't going to be coming for a while since I'd like to submit apps within the next week.

Seeing that people have already gotten waivers for Michigan, NYU, Georgetown etc makes me feel like I messed up (I've checked Mich NYU and Colombia for hidden waivers to no avail) Decent numbers so was expecting some more waivers :/

User avatar
kay2016
Posts: 1121
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby kay2016 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:46 am

I have gotten several fee waivers, not t14, but in general and my transcript just got put up today due to Sandy.

User avatar
googlesearch
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby googlesearch » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:51 pm

Columbia

M458
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby M458 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:41 pm

BC and Minnesota as well.

User avatar
jcan91
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby jcan91 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:45 pm

Got Colombia this morning.

User avatar
mqt
Posts: 2152
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby mqt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:18 pm

So far I have unsolicited waivers from:

Columbia
Virginia
UCLA
William & Mary
Miami
Cincinnati
NKU
Wake Forest
Valparaiso
Hamline
Northeastern
Richmond
Liberty
St. Thomas
Florida A&M
Michigan State

Obviously, it's the NKU and Hamline waivers I've been waiting on. Score!

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Post-October 2012 Fee Waivers

Postby sinfiery » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Still no Colombia fee waiver :(




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 6 guests