Applying now but w/ pending retake in Dec

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Applying now but w/ pending retake in Dec

Postby cookiejar1 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:00 pm

I searched through a couple older threads and I just want to clarify this with you experts out there. I have a 167/3.9. Got killed in the LG section this Oct. test (didn't we all?) and I know that I can improve by at least 3 points/up to 6 points assuming that no other weird spanner is thrown into the works.

Could I apply to UCLA/Georgetown/USC/Vandy/Boston University etc now with my 167... take my LSAT in dec and then use the dec score to apply to Northwestern/UPenn/NYU/Columbia? I'm assuming that this is totally possible and that the lower ranked law school will look at my application even though they see that I'm registered for the dec administration.

So there will be two rounds of applications: 1st round for the lower ranked schools, 2nd round with a higher LSAT score for the higher ranked schools. And then I can beg for scholarships at all the lower ranked schools with my 2nd LSAT assuming I get a better score.

bp shinners

Re: Applying now but w/ pending retake in Dec

Postby bp shinners » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:45 am

Possible. Advisable.

Just be sure to let the first-round schools know that you want to be considered with your current score, and they shouldn't wait for the later score. There should be someplace in the app to let them know this; I'd also call the office to make sure they got the message.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”