Help me!! (Need advice on December)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
talkingaboutpractice

New

Help me!! (Need advice on December)

Postby talkingaboutpractice » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:42 pm

so, I had dreamed of NYU and Columbia and thought that was in reach, especially with a down admissions cycle.

But....I just got my October score back and dropped a 169, after PT'ing 172-175 before the test. GPA is 3.56ish and I already have a previous 167 on file from last year. FWIW, strong softs/work experience, but no gamechangers.

I would love to apply ED NYU. Should I re-take in December?? I felt bad coming out of this test so I wasn't totally surprised by a 169, but was still hoping for more.

Thank you for your advice!!

Crowing

Gold

Re: Help me!! (Need advice on December)

Postby Crowing » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:32 pm

With 3.56/169 you have virtually no shot at CLS and NYU. Duke and GULC would be big reaches. With strong softs, you might get Michigan, and Cornell is likely.

talkingaboutpractice

New

Postby talkingaboutpractice » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:34 pm

Crowing wrote:With 3.56/169 you have virtually no shot at CLS and NYU. Duke and GULC would be big reaches. With strong softs, you might get Michigan, and Cornell is likely.

Could I apply ED NYU and still re-take? I know they won't see it before ED decisions, but if I could get up to a 171, that would help, right?

I just feel like there's minimal downside in re-taking at this point. Thanks!

talkingaboutpractice

New

Postby talkingaboutpractice » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:32 pm

Any thoughts on the implications of re-taking in December, but still applying early?

Considering I scored a few points below my PT range, I feel that a re-take should increase my chances, but wanted more advice.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�