Submitting LOR Electronically

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pumpkinpie

Submitting LOR Electronically

Postby pumpkinpie » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:01 pm

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I haven't been able to find an answer anywhere else yet.

I have a recommender submitting a letter for me electronically. Does anyone know if letters submitted electronically have to be on letterhead and/or signed by the letter writer (either via scan, or via electronic letterhead/signature)? My inclination is to think not, but I wanted to double check to see if anyone had any experience with this.

Thanks!

pumpkinpie

Re: Submitting LOR Electronically

Postby pumpkinpie » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:49 pm

Since no one was able to answer this for me, I figured I might as well post a response in case anyone else is looking.

The recommendation letter upload site does not allow PDFs, only Word documents and others of that sort. Didn't get a final response on the letterhead/signature issue, but my recommender used digital letterhead and only used a typed signature. Seems fine.

Additionally FYI, pretty much as soon as your recommender hits submit, the letter shows up in your LSAC account.

djwjddl

Re: Submitting LOR Electronically

Postby djwjddl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:10 pm

no signature required. i had my recommender put mine on a letterhead but it's not required. confirmed by a call to LSAC

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”