LOR Help Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mg7

Bronze

LOR Help

Post by mg7 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:33 pm

Here's my situation:

I have worked at a cafe for over 6 years. About a month and a half ago I asked my store manager if she would mind writing me a LOR, and she enthusiastically agreed to do so. Shortly after that, I took two weeks off of work right before the Oct. LSAT to focus 100% on studying. The day after the LSAT, I got a call from my manager, and she told me that she was moving to a new store (sort of a lateral promotion to a busier store) immediately and that she wanted to tell me herself before I heard it through the rumor mill. I wished her luck and that was that, so I was under the assumption that we ended on a good note.

I had originally asked her to submit the LOR by the end of October, which is tomorrow, and I haven't heard anything yet. I sent her a friendly reminder email about a week ago and got no response. 3 days later I sent her a text message (it's not weird, she's a big texter) asking her if she received my email - no response. I have since tried to call her once and left a message, but she still hasn't responded to anything, and I'm starting to freak out.

I have other LORs and evaluations that I can use for my apps instead, but I was just thinking that law schools might think it strange if I don't have anything from the place I've worked for 6+ years. Should I ask one of the supervisors to write something for me? Should I just forget about getting a work reference? Thanks in advance for your help.

Rahviveh

Gold

Re: LOR Help

Post by Rahviveh » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:34 pm

Letters make little to no difference. Get whichever letter will come the fastest. UNLESS you have specific requirements for the school (Example: Penn and NW require at least one employer reference).

vman21

Bronze

Post by vman21 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:19 pm

(o '.')-o
Last edited by vman21 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skri65

Bronze

Post by skri65 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:24 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:Letters make little to no difference. Get whichever letter will come the fastest. UNLESS you have specific requirements for the school (Example: Penn and NW require at least one employer reference).
I agree that LOR makes little difference when compared to LSAT/GPA.

But you say that "letters make little to no difference." What is your source? Do you have any reason to believe this besides what other people on this forum say?

mg7

Bronze

Post by mg7 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:44 pm

Thanks for the help y'all!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”