Is it mandatory to update fall grades on LSAC?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TunnelVision

New

Is it mandatory to update fall grades on LSAC?

Postby TunnelVision » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:37 pm

I have a 3.9x right now, and I know my GPA is going to go down slightly this semester since I'm not going to get a 4.0. I haven't applied yet (waiting for my oct score). I'm also enrolled in some very hard grad level courses next semester; not enough other upper level undergrad courses were offered for my major. Do I have to update my fall grades when they are released? And how will a drop in GPA affect my cycle since I probably will not have been admitted to many schools by the end of December?

gaud

Platinum

Re: Is it mandatory to update fall grades on LSAC?

Postby gaud » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:41 pm

1) I don't believe you are required to update those grades when they're released, but there's a good chance schools will ask.

2) If your GPA stays anywhere near where it currently is, I can't imagine a little drop will harm you too much.

bp shinners

Gold

Postby bp shinners » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:37 am

You are technically required to update as new information becomes available - it's part of the contract you sign with LSAC when you register with them. However, it's a policy that's rarely, if ever, enforced.

Chickensoup

Bronze

Postby Chickensoup » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:22 am

gaud wrote:1) I don't believe you are required to update those grades when they're released, but there's a good chance schools will ask.

2) If your GPA stays anywhere near where it currently is, I can't imagine a little drop will harm you too much.

Schools ask? Do you mean schools that haven't admitted you yet, or all schools?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�