New Splitter Friendly Schools Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
togepi

Silver

New Splitter Friendly Schools

Post by togepi » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:53 am

I know there are a group of traditional splitter friendly schools, but will the decrease in applicants push some high gpa stingy schools to be more relaxed towards sub 3.0 gpa applicants that are above their LSAT medians?

TYIA

togepi

Silver

Re: New Splitter Friendly Schools

Post by togepi » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:22 am

bump.

justonemoregame

Silver

Post by justonemoregame » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:17 am

This is going to depend on how many people took the October LSAT / take the December LSAT. One thing though, a few schools that aren't splitter-friendly aren't likely to be affected as much by further decreases in the applicant pool because their LSAT medians aren't as high, like Berkeley and Cornell.

It's difficult to predict how various schools will react to fewer applicants, but relaxing GPA-25ths is not an unreasonable assumption.

badaboom61

Bronze

Post by badaboom61 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:22 am

If you're a splitter, best bet is to apply broadly and see what your options work out to. Are you worried about application fees?

If so, limit your search to T7-14 + any T1 schools that place into the regions that you're hoping to practice / have ties to. That should cut down your fees to <$1000, even without any waivers. Depending on your LSAT score, consider an ED application to places like UVA, Penn, Michigan, and Georgetown.

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:09 am

Thanks for all the info, I guess this cycle will answer that question more clearly and I'll just have to send in the apps. I have money to spread em far and wide.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”