LSAC down?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dresden doll

Re: LSAC down?

Postby dresden doll » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:52 am

Anyone who's arguing that people are facing a respect-worthy predicament because their LSAT scores might not come out as scheduled is a fucking asshat.

ChikaBoom

Postby ChikaBoom » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:24 am

dresden doll wrote:Anyone who's arguing that people are facing a respect-worthy predicament because their LSAT scores might not come out as scheduled is a fucking asshat.

+1. People, like Vasi, have some legitimate problems. This is not one of them. I understand that the app process is really stressful and that the slightest thing can convince people that they're screwed and therefore unemployable. Relax. This is a huge thing. It's not like people don't know about it and there aren't going to be provisions to ensure that each special snowflake is taken care of.

In the meantime, stop being asshats and wait patiently. That is all.

VasaVasori

Postby VasaVasori » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:27 am

Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:45 am

I would expect nothing less than complete distortion of what's important from aspiring law students.

dresden doll

Postby dresden doll » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:56 am

ChikaBoom wrote:People, like Vasi, have some legitimate problems.

People with legitimate problems in particular should be expected not to defend those who think they're wronged because they're suffering minor inconveniences at a time when others are getting seriously fucked.

lsataddict

Postby lsataddict » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:09 pm

Ruxin1 wrote:
VasaVasori wrote:
Ruxin1 wrote:People may be dying in the NE right now - have some fucking perspective
You're unable to register for the LSAT because of a storm? Get some perspective, people are dying in that storm. That line of reasoning makes SO MUCH sense.

The fact of death or potential death does not eliminate other worries. Life goes on. Believe me, I feel for anyone who may be hurt in any way from this storm. I have a ton of family up in that area. Most of the US population lives in that area. Still, I have to continue living my own life, as does everyone else. Lay off. We're all stressed out, and we all have good reason to be stressed out.

LSAC has released statements that late fees would be waived...

I saw the statement on their website this morning. It reads:

"LSAC will be closed on Monday, 10/29, and Tuesday, 10/30. We will waive the late reg fee for Oct. test takers only who decide to retest in December. October scores will be posted by Thursday afternoon."

I'm guessing that means that people like myself, who are not October retakers, will not get their late fee waived.

Ruxin1

Postby Ruxin1 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:13 pm

lsataddict wrote:
Ruxin1 wrote:
VasaVasori wrote:
Ruxin1 wrote:People may be dying in the NE right now - have some fucking perspective
You're unable to register for the LSAT because of a storm? Get some perspective, people are dying in that storm. That line of reasoning makes SO MUCH sense.

The fact of death or potential death does not eliminate other worries. Life goes on. Believe me, I feel for anyone who may be hurt in any way from this storm. I have a ton of family up in that area. Most of the US population lives in that area. Still, I have to continue living my own life, as does everyone else. Lay off. We're all stressed out, and we all have good reason to be stressed out.

LSAC has released statements that late fees would be waived...

I saw the statement on their website this morning. It reads:

"LSAC will be closed on Monday, 10/29, and Tuesday, 10/30. We will waive the late reg fee for Oct. test takers only who decide to retest in December. October scores will be posted by Thursday afternoon."

I'm guessing that means that people like myself, who are not October retakers, will not get their late fee waived.

Then you should have signed up more than mere weeks before the administration.

lsataddict

Postby lsataddict » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:25 pm

Ruxin1 wrote:Then you should have signed up more than mere weeks before the administration.

There was no reason to think that the LSAC website would be down on the registration deadline. I wanted to use up all of the time I had before I registered to confirm that I was testing close to the score I hope to make in December. Nobody should be penalized for abiding by given deadlines. I was told that I would be able to register by a certain time, and I planned accordingly. That deadline changed unexpectedly, and I don't think it's my responsibility to pay an extra $69 penalty for late registration when in fact my registration would not have been late had LSAC's website not been down last night when I got home from work.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:39 pm

lsataddict wrote:
Ruxin1 wrote:Then you should have signed up more than mere weeks before the administration.

There was no reason to think that the LSAC website would be down on the registration deadline. I wanted to use up all of the time I had before I registered to confirm that I was testing close to the score I hope to make in December. Nobody should be penalized for abiding by given deadlines. I was told that I would be able to register by a certain time, and I planned accordingly. That deadline changed unexpectedly, and I don't think it's my responsibility to pay an extra $69 penalty for late registration when in fact my registration would not have been late had LSAC's website not been down last night when I got home from work.

You waited until the last few hours before midnight? So, would it also not be your fault if the internet had gone down at your apartment when you got home? What if a freak thunderstorm knocked out power in your entire city? I don't think you're going to get any sympathy from them. They're letting October test takers avoid the fee only because the late release of scores is a valid reason to register late.

RSterling

Postby RSterling » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:41 pm

lsataddict wrote:

Even if you do end up paying a $69 dollar fee, stop whining about it. People are dying and losing their homes. If your greatest harm during Sandy is having to pay $69, consider yourself extremely lucky. I know it sucks, and it's stressful, but you're coming off like an entitled prick.

ChikaBoom

Postby ChikaBoom » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:45 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
lsataddict wrote:

You waited until the last few hours before midnight? So, would it also not be your fault if the internet had gone down at your apartment when you got home? What if a freak thunderstorm knocked out power in your entire city? I don't think you're going to get any sympathy from them. They're letting October test takers avoid the fee only because the late release of scores is a valid reason to register late.

+1. You can't just let stuff sit until the last minute. You run the risk of getting your balls in a sling when something unexpected happens. This is not just an LSAC thing. Why is this something you have to tell a person applying to law school? Seriously guys.

dresden doll

Postby dresden doll » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:07 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
lsataddict wrote:

+1. It's not their fault you waited till the last minute before deciding whether you were testing well enough to sign up for the test.

The last time I was due for an online registration, I was wanting to attend a career fair. I explicitly made sure not to register at the last minute because it's fairly well known that late minute registrations can be a bad deal, if for no reason other than the fact that other would-be attendees might crash the website trying to submit their own registration forms.

My boyfriend once applied for a scholarship hours before the deadline and the website was crashed.

Which is to say, people get penalized for putting off registration/submissions all the time, and LSAC has no reason to waive the fee for you. I won't even get into the fact that you knew a massive hurricane was happening, and can therefore hardly be shocked that LSAC went to shit last night.

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:40 pm

Broseidon wrote:
Broseidon wrote:Drink bleach.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:36 am

Looks like you guys are getting a break:

LSAC remains on generator power due to the weather emergency, and there is no phone service. The late fee for Dec. LSAT registration will be waived. Please register and pay the late fee; refunds will be processed as soon as possible. Score release is still planned for Thursday.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”