How long for LSAC to process a TOEFL score? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Mdenis1

Bronze

How long for LSAC to process a TOEFL score?

Post by Mdenis1 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:16 pm

Hey everyone!

I'm sorry if this has already being asked, I tried to make a research with "TOEFL" and didn't find anything relevant.

I am a JD applicant for a bunch of law schools (mostly T14 with a couple of others). My native language is not English and I did my undergraduate degree in a French university (in QC Canada). Most schools do not require a TOEFL score because they consider the LSAT score a good indicator of your English-speaking abilities but some others do (including some I really want to go to, like Duke)

I took the TOEFL last Spring (which pissed me off a little bit considering its 200$ and I did a year of exchange in an American university during my UG, lived in Australia for a bit and have a high LSAT score... anyways). My question: how long does it take for LSAC to proceed that score? I had it sent to them by mid -September and still nothing... (another annoying thing, I don't think there is a way to know when they have received your score -it doesn't appear on your page the way a new LOR or a new transcript is received by them-). So basically, I've just been emailing them to ask them if they have received it, they either don't respond to me email, respond me without telling me if they have my TOEFL score or not (-_-) or they answer me stuff like: the usual processing time is 3 weeks (but it's been 5!).

Could anyone please help me with this? For some applications, it doesn't matter but for some others I know they won't review it until they have this score...

Mdenis1

Bronze

Re: How long for LSAC to process a TOEFL score?

Post by Mdenis1 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:35 am

Anyone?? :(

lxhyss

New

Post by lxhyss » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:30 am

Mdenis1 wrote:Hey everyone!

I'm sorry if this has already being asked, I tried to make a research with "TOEFL" and didn't find anything relevant.

I am a JD applicant for a bunch of law schools (mostly T14 with a couple of others). My native language is not English and I did my undergraduate degree in a French university (in QC Canada). Most schools do not require a TOEFL score because they consider the LSAT score a good indicator of your English-speaking abilities but some others do (including some I really want to go to, like Duke)

I took the TOEFL last Spring (which pissed me off a little bit considering its 200$ and I did a year of exchange in an American university during my UG, lived in Australia for a bit and have a high LSAT score... anyways). My question: how long does it take for LSAC to proceed that score? I had it sent to them by mid -September and still nothing... (another annoying thing, I don't think there is a way to know when they have received your score -it doesn't appear on your page the way a new LOR or a new transcript is received by them-). So basically, I've just been emailing them to ask them if they have received it, they either don't respond to me email, respond me without telling me if they have my TOEFL score or not (-_-) or they answer me stuff like: the usual processing time is 3 weeks (but it's been 5!).

Could anyone please help me with this? For some applications, it doesn't matter but for some others I know they won't review it until they have this score...
I believe yours have already been received and processed since mine just took half a month, from the time of release to the time that is reportable to law schools. Maybe you just don't know how to check it out, and here it is:
1.Log in to you LSAC account
2.Click the item under "Transcripts"
3.Then you are on the transcripts page, slide it to the bottom, and you will see this: "English Proficiency Tests Completed or Scheduled", under which there's a "View/Edit TOEFL / IELTS Scores"
4.Click on it and the secret chamber is open. Make sure that you already added your test date and registration number.
And before all that, make sure you already told ETS to sent the TOEFL score to LSAC.
GOOD LUCK!

Mdenis1

Bronze

Post by Mdenis1 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:47 pm

lxhyss wrote:
Mdenis1 wrote:Hey everyone!

I believe yours have already been received and processed since mine just took half a month, from the time of release to the time that is reportable to law schools. Maybe you just don't know how to check it out, and here it is:
1.Log in to you LSAC account
2.Click the item under "Transcripts"
3.Then you are on the transcripts page, slide it to the bottom, and you will see this: "English Proficiency Tests Completed or Scheduled", under which there's a "View/Edit TOEFL / IELTS Scores"
4.Click on it and the secret chamber is open. Make sure that you already added your test date and registration number.
And before all that, make sure you already told ETS to sent the TOEFL score to LSAC.
GOOD LUCK!
Thanks so much for your response! Half a month you're lucky. :)

I am currently on the "Transcript" page and I don't see the "English Proficiency Tests Completed or Scheduled". Weird... I will email LSAC about this but I don't think I'll have more luck getting an answer from them than I already had. Thanks anyways!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”