Listing Professor or Lecturer on LOR Form

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
framboozer

Listing Professor or Lecturer on LOR Form

Postby framboozer » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:19 am

I have a former professor from a few years back writing a letter of recommendation for me and I'm trying to add this person as a LOR writer on the LSAC website. Under Title, I need to put her position. I figured I would write Professor because that seemed logical, but according to the web page for her department at my alma mater, very few people are actually professors. Almost all are lecturers and less than a handful are senior lecturers. Do you think it will make a difference in how she appears if I write Lecturer?

WhiteyCakes

Re: Listing Professor or Lecturer on LOR Form

Postby WhiteyCakes » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:44 am

framboozer wrote:I have a former professor from a few years back writing a letter of recommendation for me and I'm trying to add this person as a LOR writer on the LSAC website. Under Title, I need to put her position. I figured I would write Professor because that seemed logical, but according to the web page for her department at my alma mater, very few people are actually professors. Almost all are lecturers and less than a handful are senior lecturers. Do you think it will make a difference in how she appears if I write Lecturer?

Write whatever it says on the website (sounds like lecturer). The quality and content of the letter matter more than someone's title.

framboozer

Re: Listing Professor or Lecturer on LOR Form

Postby framboozer » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Thank you.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”