Should I mention other law schools on the application?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
WalkingPlato

Should I mention other law schools on the application?

Postby WalkingPlato » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Some law school applications ask for me to list other law schools to which I'm applying. But, the question isn't starred; it's optional. Should I mention other schools? Or does it matter at all?

Rock789

Re: Should I mention other law schools on the application?

Postby Rock789 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:21 pm

I chose not to give an answer to that question. It's none of their business what other law schools I applied to.

Postby 2014 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:58 am

A lot of different opinions on the matter, mine is to give them peer schools that you are applying to.

Fact is that it is a d-bag question to ask and can have absolutely no positive effect, so imo the best option is to only be as honest as you feel you need to be.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:30 am

Probably depends upon your particular situation. For example, if your numbers are clearly T-14 material & you are asked that question on an application to a non-tier one law school, then you need to have a strong & convincing reason for applying to the much lower ranked law school. But, if your numbers are competitive for all the law schools to which you applied, it might encourage one to offer merit money in order to influence your ultimate decision. Nevertheless, in most cases, it is probably best to leave this question unanswered if optional.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”