LOR expectations? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
piney

New

LOR expectations?

Post by piney » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:19 pm

I graduated in 2007, and have several years of work experience along with a MA I earned in 2008. Will adcoms expect me you ask one of my graduate profs to write one of my recommendations? I was planning on asking a sophomore undergrad prof I've kept in touch with, along with a former boss at a prominent local university where I was a research assistant for a year. Any problems with that?

BullShitWithBravado

Bronze

Re: LOR expectations?

Post by BullShitWithBravado » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:17 am

It shouldn't make a difference if your LOR is from an undergrad or grad school professor as long as they write you a good LOR. It's always good idea to have at least one recommendation be from a professor because adcoms want to know whether you will be successful in an academic setting.

vzapana

Silver

Re: LOR expectations?

Post by vzapana » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:54 pm

BullShitWithBravado wrote:It shouldn't make a difference if your LOR is from an undergrad or grad school professor as long as they write you a good LOR. It's always good idea to have at least one recommendation be from a professor because adcoms want to know whether you will be successful in an academic setting.
Some schools strongly encourage undergrad LORs. Be sure to check with the individual admissions offices.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”