Send LOR's now or with rest of application?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Br3v

Send LOR's now or with rest of application?

Postby Br3v » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:45 pm

I am under the impression that LSAC just electronically sends letters of rec over to each school, aka it doesn't take a week or so in the mail or something. Is this correct? Or do letters indeed take more than say a day?

If letters take awhile to be sent from LSAC to each school, should I send in my letters now before my applications? Or just wait until I send in the rest of my application? I just do not want to get held up waiting for letters of rec for my application to go under review.

Br3v

Re: Send LOR's now or with rest of application?

Postby Br3v » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:07 pm

bump

gaud

Postby gaud » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:08 pm

I'm pretty sure they get sent along with your application. Is that what you mean?

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:12 pm

gaud wrote:I'm pretty sure they get sent along with your application. Is that what you mean?

I guess what I am asking is how do schools get your letters from LSAC, and how long does it take?

I have seen in passing people write things like "my app is complete except for my letters" So I want to know is this a "lsac is taking forever to send my letters" type problem, and if I should send my letters in ahead of the rest of my app in order to avoid this problem.

gaud

Postby gaud » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:15 pm

I dunno man. I was always under the impression they were sent at the same time. For me, at least, it always worked that way and they seemed to be updated in my application status-checkers as such.

Maybe when people say that they mean they just don't have their letters prepared/sent in to LSAC yet?

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:17 pm

gaud wrote:Maybe when people say that they mean they just don't have their letters prepared/sent in to LSAC yet?

Yeah I am trying to figure out if it is this, or the other alternative I mentioned.
So you just turned it all it at once and there was no hold up or anything?

gaud

Postby gaud » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:20 pm

Br3v wrote:So you just turned it all it at once and there was no hold up or anything?

Yep. No holdup either cycle that I applied.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”