Crap, how should I go about fixing this? (LOR)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
yong1ekim

Crap, how should I go about fixing this? (LOR)

Postby yong1ekim » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:11 am

I thought that the law school we ED'ed to had to get a separate letter of recommendation, so I marked on the LSAC website that one of my recommenders was going
to write two letters of recommendation for me, one that said GENERAL and another that said NEW YORK UNIVERSITY. I got an email today from
LSAC saying that they received the NEW YORK UNIVERSITY letter but they still have not received the GENERAL one. I get the feeling my professor
assumed I gave him an extra copy and just sent in the NEW YORK UNIVERSITY letter, thinking it was the general form.

I have been out of undergrad for 2 years so I need to find time to go down to school to see him (if need be).
In this case, do I ask him to email the GENERAL one or do I bring him another copy of the GENERAL form with a stamped envelope?
Does he have to re-write the LOR?
How do I approach him about this?

Ugh, I feel like a complete ass. I can't just send the NYU one in to other schools because that's just, yeah.

Thanks.

yong1ekim

Re: Crap, how should I go about fixing this? (LOR)

Postby yong1ekim » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:13 pm

Any suggestions?

iowalum

Re: Crap, how should I go about fixing this? (LOR)

Postby iowalum » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:39 pm

It sounds like you just need to communicate. LSAC is helpful when you call them (usually).

1) Call your prof., explain the situation
2) Send (or offer to) a new form/envelope
3) Call LSAC and tell them what's up
4) Tell him your deadline, and have EVERYTHING else ready to go so when it gets turned in you can apply ASAP

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”