a VERY strange question... help please

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
nickb285

Re: a VERY strange question... help please

Postby nickb285 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:38 pm

ITT: OP is too busy drawing hearts on her Trapper Keeper to realize that taking the train for an hour or two so that you can stay together while maximizing job prospects and earning potential is not that fucking difficult.

southeastlaw

Postby southeastlaw » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:38 pm

dingbat, but is it really that significant? I just think that some of you thumbing your noses at CCN is ridiculous, but I'm the fool for expecting anything different on an anonymous online forum. OK now I'm out.

nickb285

Postby nickb285 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:41 pm

Pointing out that going to the best possible school is a better idea than paying for a lower-ranked school so that you don't have to ride the train to nail your girlfriend != thumbing one's nose at CCN.

kwais

Postby kwais » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:43 pm

southeastlaw wrote:dingbat, but is it really that significant? I just think that some of you thumbing your noses at CCN is ridiculous, but I'm the fool for expecting anything different on an anonymous online forum. OK now I'm out.

People here would throw their mothers under a train for HYS. OP, enjoy going to CCN with one tuition bill comped. Don't let the neckbeards on here convince you that your relationships don't matter.

southeastlaw

Postby southeastlaw » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:44 pm

kwais, you're a champion.

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:45 pm

southeastlaw wrote:dingbat, but is it really that significant? I just think that some of you thumbing your noses at CCN is ridiculous, but I'm the fool for expecting anything different on an anonymous online forum. OK now I'm out.

It depends on what your goals are. If you both just want to work biglaw, then I don't think there's a huge divide between HYS and CCN. But if you would like prestigious clerkships, positions in elite government agencies, or jobs with elite nonprofits, then HYS can get you there a lot easier.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:46 pm

OP banned for alting.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”