Are LOR from community college professors looked down upon?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
eriksmith617
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:36 pm

Are LOR from community college professors looked down upon?

Postby eriksmith617 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:53 pm

I have good stats and plan to apply to Stanford, Harvard, Columbia, and NYU.

I took 30 credits at a community college before transferring to the University of Michigan. Will a LOR from a community college professor hurt my chances of getting into elite schools listed above? In other words, do top law schools look down upon LOR from community college professors?

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Are LOR from community college professors looked down upon?

Postby Br3v » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:01 pm

eriksmith617 wrote:I have good stats and plan to apply to Stanford, Harvard, Columbia, and NYU.

I took 30 credits at a community college before transferring to the University of Michigan. Will a LOR from a community college professor hurt my chances of getting into elite schools listed above? In other words, do top law schools look down upon LOR from community college professors?


No, they don't. CC Prof is more than ok.

User avatar
goldenflash19
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:15 pm

Re: Are LOR from community college professors looked down upon?

Postby goldenflash19 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:12 pm

I think they'd rather see a LOR from a CC prof who can truly attest to your academic potential than one from a UM professor who would write a more-generic one. Should be fine.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Are LOR from community college professors looked down upon?

Postby Br3v » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:20 pm

goldenflash19 wrote:I think they'd rather see a LOR from a CC prof who can truly attest to your academic potential than one from a UM professor who would write a more-generic one. Should be fine.


This exactly

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Are LOR from community college professors looked down upon?

Postby gaud » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:21 pm

Br3v wrote:
goldenflash19 wrote:I think they'd rather see a LOR from a CC prof who can truly attest to your academic potential than one from a UM professor who would write a more-generic one. Should be fine.


This exactly

vman21
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Are LOR from community college professors looked down upon?

Postby vman21 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:55 pm

d[-.-]b




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], bergers2short, Bing [Bot] and 7 guests