Bad Idea about Letter of Recommendation? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Ioannis

New

Bad Idea about Letter of Recommendation?

Post by Ioannis » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:43 am

I believe I have one good recommendation from my professor I had 3 classes with and got all As in.
It is suggested you get two academic LORs. I don't know how I'll get another professor to give me a confidence, solid recommendation. I've gotten As in other classes, yes, but no close relationships except for one this semester.

The problem with the class I could potentially get a recommendation from is from a leadership skils/public speaking course that has nothing to do with my major. Its a 300 level course though.
But I've gotten to know the professor rather well... through the internet. It's an online course.
It's not a joke of a class though at all, she really makes you work for it. for example, my last speech I thought I absolutely killed. I got a B+ for small, but completely valid, critics. I can only imagine how other students done.

Should I just take one recommendation from the original professor and get 2-3 LORs from work experience?

cinephile

Gold

Re: Bad Idea about Letter of Recommendation?

Post by cinephile » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:11 am

If you've just finished school, might as well go with the other professor. How would they know it was through an online course?

Ioannis

New

Post by Ioannis » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:34 am

cinephile wrote:If you've just finished school, might as well go with the other professor. How would they know it was through an online course?
google? The admissions of top schools have "google interns" where they google everything on your app!
Its true im a doctor!

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:22 am

Okay, then don't. Sounds like you've made up your mind.

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:28 pm

Just because it's online doesn't mean you couldn't have formed a close relationship. I say go for it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”