GPA Reported

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Teflon_Don

GPA Reported

Postby Teflon_Don » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:49 pm

Anyone know what GPA law schools report to US News?? Also is the GPA they report the one they're most concerned about? For instance the GPA you apply with vs. final undergrad GPA

bdm261

Re: GPA Reported

Postby bdm261 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:56 pm

Your official LSAC GPA is all that matters. So if you went to a community college for a few months, dropped out, and got all F's and then later enrolled in a university and got a 4.0, you end up with and average and that's what schools use to evaluate you.

Teflon_Don

Postby Teflon_Don » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:04 pm

yeah I have my LSAC GPA. Basically what I'm asking is I'm applying with an LSAC GPA of 3.96 in early November. So, do law schools report that GPA to US News if I'm accepted (which GPA do they care more about the one I applied with or the final semesters' grades)? In other words, if my GPA drops some after this semester, will law schools care more about the drop or the GPA I applied with? Not sure if I'm phrasing this right.

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:25 pm

The score reported is the LSAC GPA you apply with. You are not required to update your LGPA after receiving more grades. you are required to send the schools unofficial transcripts. Schools only really care about the LGPA you apply with.

Dominican_Lawyer

Postby Dominican_Lawyer » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:34 pm

If I have a current GPA of 3.53 and will have a cumulative GPA of 3.6 after factoring a 4.0 GPA with 6 six courses for this fall semester would it be worth applying next year or should I just apply now and send my revised transcript to the law schools after the semester is over and grades are in which would probably be around the second week of december. PS sorry for the run on sentence.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:14 am

Nova wrote:You are not required to update your LGPA after receiving more grades.

Technically, you are. But LSAC doesn't enforce that policy, and no one really cares. But when you sign up for your account, you agree to keep all information up-to-date.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”