Anyone know if admissions look at particular courses? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CardozoLaw09

Gold

Anyone know if admissions look at particular courses?

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:46 pm

When going through an applicant's transcript do they pay any attention to specific courses or do they just look for what they need to look for in order to calculate the LSDAS gpa? I ask because my lowest grade is a 'D' in a language course (Intermediate French) so I'm wondering whether they'll take that into account at all considering it's a language course. I would guess they don't give a F, but I could be wrong?

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: Anyone know if admissions look at particular courses?

Post by rinkrat19 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:47 pm

They might glance, but they won't care.

bp shinners

Gold

Re: Anyone know if admissions look at particular courses?

Post by bp shinners » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:45 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:When going through an applicant's transcript do they pay any attention to specific courses or do they just look for what they need to look for in order to calculate the LSDAS gpa? I ask because my lowest grade is a 'D' in a language course (Intermediate French) so I'm wondering whether they'll take that into account at all considering it's a language course. I would guess they don't give a F, but I could be wrong?
They'll care inasmuch as it affects your overall GPA. They might glance through your transcript, but they won't spend a lot of time on it. They might think you suck at French, but that's not a big deal.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”