Application Complete? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Teflon_Don

Bronze

Application Complete?

Post by Teflon_Don » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:06 pm

Can someone tell me what "application complete" entails? For instance, applications and fees have to be paid for Cornell's early action by Nov.1, but it says applications must be complete by Nov.15, what is the difference? Wouldn't the App be completed when it's sent? I'm essentially trying to see if my personal statement needs to be completed by Nov 1 or 15th for the Early Action program.

underperformingurm

New

Re: Application Complete?

Post by underperformingurm » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:41 pm

I'm pretty sure that you have to submit your personal statement at the same time you submit your application. An application is "complete" when the law school has received all of your required documents. In the case of Cornell, for example, you could submit your application and personal statement but the application is incomplete due to the fact that you haven't sat for the LSAT and/or you're missing letters of recommendation. In that instance, you'd have to have those missing pieces of the application in by November 15th. In any case, if you have specific questions about a particular application, the best bet is to contact the school directly.

Anonymous4444

Silver

Re: Application Complete?

Post by Anonymous4444 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:49 pm

You must submit everything through LSAC: personal statement, resume, and so on. But if you are missing the proper transcripts or LORS or dont have a reportable LSAC score your app will not be complete. Make sure to give the school enough time to make sure you sent in everything correctly so that If you messed up you will still have some time to complete it and give in what is missing.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”