C&F Application Screwup

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bdm261

C&F Application Screwup

Postby bdm261 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:37 am

I recently applied to 5 schools and completely missed a portion of the C&F questionnaire asking if I've ever "had any academic sanctions." The first school I applied to didn't ask that so I was stupid and skimmed over it on the other 4.

I went to a local community college for 2 months back when I was 18, then stopped attending because I didn't like it. I never withdrew and my semester ended with me getting 3 F's and a D. My transcript states "ACADEMIC PROBATION" even though I was essentially done there, never returned, and didn't earn a single credit.

So I sent an addendum to all the schools I applied to. Will they look unfavorable upon me?

I already had an addendum explaining how I have a lower LSAC GPA from getting 3 F's and a D because I quit my first attempt at school and how I've improved tremendously to a 3.65 GPA....so it's not like I was hiding it, I just wasn't aware of the scope of the question.

badaboom61

Re: C&F Application Screwup

Postby badaboom61 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:52 am

You should be fine as long as you realized mistake and corrected it. It only looks bad if you try to hide something.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:49 pm

badaboom61 wrote:You should be fine as long as you realized mistake and corrected it. It only looks bad if you try to hide something.

This. You've done all you can, so there's no point in worrying now!

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:51 pm

bp shinners wrote:
badaboom61 wrote:You should be fine as long as you realized mistake and corrected it. It only looks bad if you try to hide something.

This. You've done all you can, so there's no point in worrying now!

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:00 pm

You'll be fine.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”