Taking December LSAT -- Apply for 2013 or 2014? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
afitouri

New

Taking December LSAT -- Apply for 2013 or 2014?

Post by afitouri » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:25 am

Hey all,

This is a question that I can't find the answer for anywhere. I am registered and am going to take the December LSAT. This is because my study prep has been extensive since July, and if I postpone any longer I am fairly certain I will adopt bad studying habits and whenever I take it my scores will have dropped. December will be the peak of my studying.

Now, I know it is very late to apply in December, and had been previously planning on taking the test, applying for work as a paralegal for a year, and then applying early in the next cycle. Is that allowed? Can I use my December LSAT score to apply for the subsequent year?

RickyDnwhyc

Bronze

Re: Taking December LSAT -- Apply for 2013 or 2014?

Post by RickyDnwhyc » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:28 am

Yeah I'm pretty sure your LSAT scores last more than a year. I don't think any school would look upon it negatively as long as you were doing something during that year.

I'm having the same problem as well, only I've already done my year of paralegal work and I want to start lawl school asap but I feel like applying for 2013 now is impossible and a waste of time :(

Lavitz

Gold

Re: Taking December LSAT -- Apply for 2013 or 2014?

Post by Lavitz » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:46 am

Yes. I'm applying with a score from 2 years ago. I think they stay valid for 5 years, though some schools may not accept scores over 3 years old. But one year is absolutely fine.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”