October vs December LSAT when applying early Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Ghostwriter574

New

October vs December LSAT when applying early

Post by Ghostwriter574 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:25 pm

Hey everyone,
I looked around here for a bit to try to find the answer myself but wasn't able to find it. I am taking the LSAT this saturday, and then plan on applying shortly thereafter, one EA and one ED. My question is what happens if I find out I didn't do as well as I had hoped on the October test, and want to continue to study and take the December test. How will this affect my application (that I will have obviously submitted before the December test because EA/ED deadlines)? Is there a way to "update" my application with my new (and ideally better) December score? Or if i get rejected, can I apply again in January with the new December score? Or even if I get accepted, can I update it to use more leverage for scholarship? Thanks in advance, and sorry if I missed the answer somewhere else on the site.

Ex Cearulo

Bronze

Re: October vs December LSAT when applying early

Post by Ex Cearulo » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:39 am

I'm interested in this, as well. If October doesn't go as well as hoped for, can someone still ED and then, if denied on the ED application, send an updated December LSAT for consideration for RD?

Honey_Badger

Bronze

Post by Honey_Badger » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:59 pm

This is relevant to me.

collegebum1989

Bronze

Post by collegebum1989 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:33 pm

Ghostwriter574 wrote:Hey everyone,
I looked around here for a bit to try to find the answer myself but wasn't able to find it. I am taking the LSAT this saturday, and then plan on applying shortly thereafter, one EA and one ED. My question is what happens if I find out I didn't do as well as I had hoped on the October test, and want to continue to study and take the December test. How will this affect my application (that I will have obviously submitted before the December test because EA/ED deadlines)? Is there a way to "update" my application with my new (and ideally better) December score? Or if i get rejected, can I apply again in January with the new December score? Or even if I get accepted, can I update it to use more leverage for scholarship? Thanks in advance, and sorry if I missed the answer somewhere else on the site.
Not sure about your question about updating your apps with a later LSAT after applying but October scores are released on 10/31, most ED deadlines are 11/15...so you can decide to submit early or wait until after December scores are released on January 4th.

The general consensus is that a stronger LSAT is more valuable than sending apps in early but the relative value of either vs. the other are based on othe factors such as your GPA, the schools you're applying to.

While we are on the subject of retakes and apps. How does multiple LSATs play with schools with multiple EDs (Ex Penn), if you apply round 1 and are denied, can you reapply round 2 with a higher December LSAT? Can you notify schools to reconsider denials made before December LSAT scores come out?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”