.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
gigemgirl12
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:11 pm

.

Postby gigemgirl12 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:18 pm

.
Last edited by gigemgirl12 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1775
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law Spring 2013

Postby Yukos » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:41 pm

Should go in this forum: viewforum.php?f=7

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law Spring 2013

Postby Ludo! » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:48 pm

I clicked that link thinking there was a new 'law schools you shouldn't go to' forum

User avatar
gigemgirl12
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:11 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law Spring 2013

Postby gigemgirl12 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:54 pm

Don't you mean 'law schools you shouldn't go if you don't plan on being the top 5-10% of your class'? Because plenty of fine AM 100 attorneys in the 4th largest city in America earned their JDs from STCL. Sure, you have to "work harder" but I wouldn't pay such an ungodly amount for my education if I planned on being outside of the lead pack.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law Spring 2013

Postby Ludo! » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:56 pm

gigemgirl12 wrote:Don't you mean 'law schools you shouldn't go if you don't plan on being the top 5-10% of your class'? Because plenty of fine AM 100 attorneys in the 4th largest city in America earned their JDs from STCL. Sure, you have to "work harder" but I wouldn't pay such an ungodly amount for my education if I planned on being outside of the lead pack.


Cool. Can you share with me your secret guide to guaranteeing that you will be in top 10%?

User avatar
gigemgirl12
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:11 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law Spring 2013

Postby gigemgirl12 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:05 pm

That I cannot. I can suggest that trolling instead of studying is not a good start.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law Spring 2013

Postby Ludo! » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:07 pm

gigemgirl12 wrote:That I cannot. I can suggest that trolling instead of studying is not a good start.


I'm a 3l, I physically can't bring myself to study.

But seriously don't go to this school. You've been on this site for a year and a half, how could you possibly still think this is a good idea?

User avatar
goldenflash19
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:15 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law Spring 2013

Postby goldenflash19 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:09 pm

gigemgirl12 wrote:Don't you mean 'law schools you shouldn't go if you don't plan on being the top 5-10% of your class'? Because plenty of fine AM 100 attorneys in the 4th largest city in America earned their JDs from STCL. Sure, you have to "work harder" but I wouldn't pay such an ungodly amount for my education if I planned on being outside of the lead pack.


What if like the whole class plans on being in the top 5-10% and plans to work hard for it?

User avatar
gigemgirl12
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:11 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law Spring 2013

Postby gigemgirl12 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:14 pm

Because I have enough experience in the Houston legal market to confirm my convictions.

Golden: Then we would have a lot more fantastic attorneys.

mtyler19
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law Spring 2013

Postby mtyler19 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:17 pm

I usually don't do this, but why not UH for roughly around the same COA?

User avatar
gigemgirl12
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:11 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law Spring 2013

Postby gigemgirl12 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:23 pm

I bombed undergrad and didn't take my LSAT seriously. I'm hoping that with a killer PS and experience for the last 3 years at an AM 100 firm I can swing STCL. It is a fine school in Houston; probably not so great for someone wanting to practice elsewhere out of the gate. If STCL denies I may retake LSAT and try for UH. Their tuition rates are certainly a draw vs STCL.

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law Spring 2013

Postby TheThriller » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:24 pm

Naw OP, go, you chase that dream.

User avatar
gigemgirl12
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:11 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law Spring 2013

Postby gigemgirl12 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:25 pm

I switched forums: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=195217

Sorry, I do not know how to simply change a topic from one forum to another.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law Spring 2013

Postby Ludo! » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:29 pm

gigemgirl12 wrote:I bombed undergrad and didn't take my LSAT seriously. I'm hoping that with a killer PS and experience for the last 3 years at an AM 100 firm I can swing STCL. It is a fine school in Houston; probably not so great for someone wanting to practice elsewhere out of the gate. If STCL denies I may retake LSAT and try for UH. Their tuition rates are certainly a draw vs STCL.


If you bombed undergrad and the LSAT, why do you think you will be in the top 10%? It's a lot easier to apply yourself, retake the LSAT, and aim for a better school, than to hope you'll wind up at the top of your class.

User avatar
gigemgirl12
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:11 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law Spring 2013

Postby gigemgirl12 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:37 pm

Some people grow up. And as a grown up I'd like to start sooner rather than later. STCL offers spring entry whereas UH only offers Fall. If I'm denied I will retake LSAT and try for Fall UH. After living outside of financial and parental aid for quite sometime one learns to take decisions like this seriously. I'm ready. I most certainly was not before.

Ok seriously - gigemgirl12 story time is done for today :) If any of you are trying for STCL Spring 2013 feel free to sweat with me on the other forum. Have a great day all!

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1775
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law Spring 2013

Postby Yukos » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:47 pm

How is that genuine people with naive questions get jumped on and called flames, but a guy with a year-old account who knows he's going to be top 10% despite bad grades and a bad LSAT is considered sincere?

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law Spring 2013

Postby Ludo! » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:48 pm

gigemgirl12 wrote:Some people grow up. And as a grown up I'd like to start sooner rather than later. STCL offers spring entry whereas UH only offers Fall. If I'm denied I will retake LSAT and try for Fall UH. After living outside of financial and parental aid for quite sometime one learns to take decisions like this seriously. I'm ready. I most certainly was not before.

Ok seriously - gigemgirl12 story time is done for today :) If any of you are trying for STCL Spring 2013 feel free to sweat with me on the other forum. Have a great day all!


If you were taking this decision seriously you wouldn't have even bothered applying. If you are absolutely certain you want to go to law school despite how scary the market is, then you should be putting all your efforts into retaking the LSAT.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], BobBoblaw, cavalier1138 and 3 guests