Typo on Personal Statement!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bdm261

Typo on Personal Statement!

Postby bdm261 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:57 am

I sent out my first applications yesterday to 4 law schools in my state. They're all for "tier 3" schools but I chose them because of cost, my LSAT/GPA numbers, and my local connections which will ensure some kind of JD required job no matter where I go.

I knew no matter what I'd find a typo after I submitted so I tried as best as I could to meticulously examine the essay for any errors, I reviewed it probably 10 times.

It was flawless except instead of "I had...," I wrote "I hah..."

I feel like I look like an idiot now. My numbers aren't "auto-admit" I'm somewhere in the median. What should I do? If I screwed up with these 4 Ohio schools looks like I'm off to Cooley or NYLS. At least Cooley doesn't even care about PS.

Yukos

Re: Typo on Personal Statement!

Postby Yukos » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:59 am

bdm261 wrote:I sent out my first applications yesterday to 4 law schools in my state. They're all for "tier 3" schools but I chose them because of cost, my LSAT/GPA numbers, and my local connections which will ensure some kind of JD required job no matter where I go.

I knew no matter what I'd find a typo after I submitted so I tried as best as I could to meticulously examine the essay for any errors, I reviewed it probably 10 times.

It was flawless except instead of "I had...," I wrote "I hah..."

I feel like I look like an idiot now. My numbers aren't "auto-admit" I'm somewhere in the median. What should I do? If I screwed up with these 4 Ohio schools looks like I'm off to Cooley or NYLS. At least Cooley doesn't even care about PS.

Neither do these schools. Relax.

GirlStop

Postby GirlStop » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:05 pm

Honestly,

What's done is done. Take a deep breath. Do it again. It'll be okay, and chance are it will go unnoticed. And even if it is noticed, it is highly unlikely to affect your chances of admission. The good part of this is you caught it and can change it before submitting more apps.

So again, deep breath. Let it out. Repeat.

bdm261

Postby bdm261 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:20 pm

Should I even consider emailing a new copy to the admissions office? I applied less than 24 hrs ago. Two of those four were like my top choice schools.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”