Application Timing

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
AAyala

Application Timing

Postby AAyala » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:41 pm

Greetings Everyone!

Here is my situation:

I am currently registered to take the OCT LSAT and the DEC LSAT. I feel about 70% confident for the upcoming OCT LSAT; whereas, I will be 100% in DEC--that aside--when should I submit my application knowing that I will be taking the DEC LSAT as well?

I know the "golden rule" is to submit by Thanksgiving, however, DEC LSAT scores won't be released until late DEC. So should I just hold off until early/mid-DEC?

Also, my third (and final) LOR won't be ready until mid-late NOV and I really want my fall quarter grades to be put in via LSAC (which will be available DEC 10th).

Thanks everyone!!

breadbucket

Re: Application Timing

Postby breadbucket » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:58 pm

this question looks different this time.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:01 pm

There is absolutely zero reason to hold off until mid-December. Either submit it as soon as you can, or after the December score comes out. Mid-December is just sending it late for no reason.

cloudhidden

Postby cloudhidden » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:44 am

I think I'll be skipping October for December because I have taken it twice already. I actually could take it both months because my first administration was more than two years ago, but tests stay on you record for five years and I think at some point having that many scores starts to count against you. Regardless, I'm taking the longview on this one. You just need one outstanding score. Apply this year with your December score if you need to. If you cast your net wide enough, many top schools still need high lsats at the eleventh hour to fill out their medians. In the worst case scenario, you could apply again in September next year.

You should have an idea what range you may have scored within. In the weeks following the test, get your applications lined up so that when the test score gets released you can adjust accordingly and send them out in the following week.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”