C&F and Why X questions

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ciccione99

C&F and Why X questions

Postby ciccione99 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:13 pm

I have three questions regarding applications. I'm grateful for any assistance.

1). Is it acceptable to answer C&F (and other) question prompts with 'Please refer to X addendum,' or must I amend my addendum title so that it's an obvious response to the question at issue?

2). Regarding Dean's letters/explanations for positive C&F responses (as opposed to Certifications), is it acceptable to have UG institutions email these explanations to admissions?

3). Is it appropriate to submit 'Why X' essays after the rest of the application is complete and submitted?

Thanks!

ciccione99

Re: C&F and Why X questions

Postby ciccione99 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:49 pm

Is anyone able to advise?

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:56 pm

ciccione99 wrote:I have three questions regarding applications. I'm grateful for any assistance.

1). No, unless it explicitly says you can

2). No, unless the form explicitly says you can...follow the direction given. Most of the time it will be snail mail only

3).Yes, but generally only after a certain amount of time has passed. This would be a "letter of continued interest" if you are WL. It is better to attach a why X essay with the original application if the application has it as an option

Thanks!

ciccione99

Postby ciccione99 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:04 pm

Thank the hell outta ya.

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:22 pm

ciccione99 wrote:I have three questions regarding applications. I'm grateful for any assistance.

1). Is it acceptable to answer C&F (and other) question prompts with 'Please refer to X addendum,' or must I amend my addendum title so that it's an obvious response to the question at issue?

2). Regarding Dean's letters/explanations for positive C&F responses (as opposed to Certifications), is it acceptable to have UG institutions email these explanations to admissions?

3). Is it appropriate to submit 'Why X' essays after the rest of the application is complete and submitted?

Thanks!

1. that's what i did. i emailed a few schools to ask and they suggested i do this. both the disciplinary question and criminal record question has to do with the same exact incident so i assume other schools won't mind.. if you're worried id call the specific school and ask.

2. ask each individual school. some have a specific form they want and they want it mailed. i mailed all of mine but maybe some schools will accept them electronically

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:24 pm

3. and yes that's fine but some schools might start reviewing your file right away in which case if you wait too long, it might delay you file or not get read

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”