Which GPA gets reported- LSAC or final?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
luxlisbon

Which GPA gets reported- LSAC or final?

Postby luxlisbon » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:38 am

I haven't been able to find a clear answer, so I thought I'd ask this here: Do law schools have to report your LSAC GPA or your final undergrad GPA?

This would only matter for applicants currently in undergrad. I'm a senior right now with a 3.97 but I foresee that dropping, possibly as low as 3.85, by the end of this semester because of tough classes and LSAT studying. If I don't apply to any EDs I probably won't receive any decisions until the new year, meaning my updated GPA will be available and I'm worried that this may hinder my chances at HYS and maybe some others.

Blessedassurance

Re: Which GPA gets reported- LSAC or final?

Postby Blessedassurance » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:07 am

Don't update till they ask you to.

RodneyRuxin

Postby RodneyRuxin » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:38 am

My school didn't ask me to update until I had to send my transcript in summer before 1L. Nothing you can do for it now except try not to lose summa cum laude.

Postby 2014 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:18 pm

Lsac gpa.

Assuming you apply this year, don't update. If you for whatever reason wait till next year, do update because it will probably look fishy if you don't.

luxlisbon

Postby luxlisbon » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:10 pm

2014 wrote:Lsac gpa.

Assuming you apply this year, don't update. If you for whatever reason wait till next year, do update because it will probably look fishy if you don't.

Thanks! I'm applying this year, so I won't update unless prompted.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:28 am

Just as a general disclaimer, you agree to update your file as new information is available to you when you reigster with LSAC. It never comes up, and no one cares, but technically you're supposed to take the initiative to send this stuff in instead of waiting for them to ask you.

But, again, no one really cares and everyone just waits to be prompted. Just getting all the info out there.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”