put published op ed in my resume?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tarh

New

put published op ed in my resume?

Postby tarh » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:34 pm

hello, have lurked for a while but this is my first post on TLS. Thanks to everyone for your help.

I recently had an op ed I wrote published in a newspaper. Does this go on my resume as a publication? If so, any idea how to cite it?

Thanks in advance for your insight.

WhirledWorld

Bronze

Re: put published op ed in my resume?

Postby WhirledWorld » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:55 pm

Would you be comfortable discussing your opinion with interviewers who may disagree with your opinion?

More importantly, was it published in a major newspaper? Or your campus newspaper or local newspaper? I would leave it off unless it was a major publication.

If you're going to cite it, use the Bluebook.

tarh

New

Postby tarh » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:00 pm

WhirledWorld wrote:Would you be comfortable discussing your opinion with interviewers who may disagree with your opinion?

More importantly, was it published in a major newspaper? Or your campus newspaper or local newspaper? I would leave it off unless it was a major publication.

It's an international paper but quite big in that part of the world. I assume there is no way I can indicate this?

IAFG

Platinum

Postby IAFG » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:15 pm

tarh wrote:
WhirledWorld wrote:Would you be comfortable discussing your opinion with interviewers who may disagree with your opinion?

It's an international paper but quite big in that part of the world. I assume there is no way I can indicate this?

Depending on the subject matter, I would include it, blue booked. It probably won't make a big difference, but if someone does recognize the paper, that is the sort of person who would think it makes you interesting anyway.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�