Pepperdine Mission Statement

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Nova12

Pepperdine Mission Statement

Postby Nova12 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:16 am

I just wrapped up my personal statement and was about to get evrything submitted, when I found Pepperdine requires a response to their Mission Statement.
"Pepperdine is a Christian university committed to the highest standards of academic excellence and Christian values, where students are strengthened for lives of purpose, service, and leadership.

The School of Law seeks to further this mission, and encourages adherence to the highest moral and ethical standards. How would you expect to contribute to this environment or identify with this mission?"

This seems basically like a second personal statement, which I would be hate to have to do again.
Has anyone already written theirs, or does anyone have any insight into the length/ relative importance/ etc. ?
Thank you!

bp shinners

Re: Pepperdine Mission Statement

Postby bp shinners » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:15 pm

Nova12 wrote:I just wrapped up my personal statement and was about to get evrything submitted, when I found Pepperdine requires a response to their Mission Statement.
"Pepperdine is a Christian university committed to the highest standards of academic excellence and Christian values, where students are strengthened for lives of purpose, service, and leadership.

The School of Law seeks to further this mission, and encourages adherence to the highest moral and ethical standards. How would you expect to contribute to this environment or identify with this mission?"

This seems basically like a second personal statement, which I would be hate to have to do again.
Has anyone already written theirs, or does anyone have any insight into the length/ relative importance/ etc. ?
Thank you!

~1.5 pages. It's very important, and Pepperdine takes it pretty seriously.

Pick a moment where you had to make a moral decision. Talk about the decision you made, and who/what played a role in your moral development. Close it all off by saying that you hope your legal education has room for moral/ethical considerations, and you believe the values embodied by Pepperdine best reflect that.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”