Should I list all the schools?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
patienunderstanding

Should I list all the schools?

Postby patienunderstanding » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:04 pm

Greetings. My question is: I may be applying to about 20-25 schools. Should I list them all in my applications? If yes, are schools going to be like: a) "he really doesn't know what he wants", or b) "he has all this $ for apps, let's not give him any $" :D So what do You guys think? Thanks a lot :)

Psib337

Re: Should I list all the schools?

Postby Psib337 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:45 pm

For the schools that I asked I listed all of them and right now I'm applying to like 19 schools. I'm gonna try and get fee waivers for all or most of them so I'm assuming for the schools that ask they'll see I already had a fee waiver for their school and my PS would make it obvious why I'm applying to those particular schools.

sepeterson211

Postby sepeterson211 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:52 pm

I wouldn't list them all. If I saw 20 schools on an app, I would be very wary that you'd go somewhere else. I would just list 5 or so that are in the immediate area so it sends the message that you're serious about moving to wherever.

Yukos

Postby Yukos » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:16 pm

I was gonna list a selection (basically five schools representative of the range I was applying to) but then I read this very convincing explanation: --LinkRemoved--

This is a question that you can’t answer in a way that will benefit you; the best you can do is provide an answer that has a neutral impact. So, unless the question is required, you should not answer it!

patienunderstanding

Postby patienunderstanding » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:33 pm

Thanks a lot :)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”