should i submit my app before Northwestern interview? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
getemgoon

New

should i submit my app before Northwestern interview?

Post by getemgoon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:07 pm

My interview at Northwestern is coming up.

I haven't submitted my application yet - still working on personal statement, busy with work and life, etc. Does it matter whether I submit my application before or after the interview? Do they prefer that you submit your application before the interview?

also would it look bad to reschedule? interview is more than 2 weeks away so it wouldn't be a last minute change.

Thanks.

shntn

Platinum

Re: should i submit my app before Northwestern interview?

Post by shntn » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:01 pm

getemgoon wrote:My interview at Northwestern is coming up.

I haven't submitted my application yet - still working on personal statement, busy with work and life, etc. Does it matter whether I submit my application before or after the interview? Do they prefer that you submit your application before the interview?

also would it look bad to reschedule? interview is more than 2 weeks away so it wouldn't be a last minute change.

Thanks.
I submitted mine before the interview, but my friend didn't. I think it's fine either way. In fact, I kind of wish I hadn't submitted mine beforehand since the interviewer offered to answer any questions about the application process, to which I was forced to reply, "Nah, I'm good. But thanks."

And feel free to reschedule. Two weeks is plenty of notice. I doubt they'll even notice, TBH, since it's all scheduled electronically.

getemgoon

New

Post by getemgoon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:19 pm

thanks for the reassurance. i wasn't sure whether they would ask questions from my application (along with the normal set of questions they ask, per another NU interview thread).

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:26 pm

You could take along a copy of your resume just in case, but having the rest of the app in is entirely unnecessary. The interview stands alone as just another box to check to make your whole package complete.

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:31 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:You could take along a copy of your resume just in case, but having the rest of the app in is entirely unnecessary. The interview stands alone as just another box to check to make your whole package complete.
Oh definitely bring a resume.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:33 pm

shntn wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:You could take along a copy of your resume just in case, but having the rest of the app in is entirely unnecessary. The interview stands alone as just another box to check to make your whole package complete.
Oh definitely bring a resume.
Yeah, if other people are recommending taking a resume, definitely do. I didn't actually interview, so my advice on the interview itself is worthless. But I know about the app process. :P

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”