should i submit my app before Northwestern interview?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
getemgoon
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:03 am

should i submit my app before Northwestern interview?

Postby getemgoon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:07 pm

My interview at Northwestern is coming up.

I haven't submitted my application yet - still working on personal statement, busy with work and life, etc. Does it matter whether I submit my application before or after the interview? Do they prefer that you submit your application before the interview?

also would it look bad to reschedule? interview is more than 2 weeks away so it wouldn't be a last minute change.

Thanks.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: should i submit my app before Northwestern interview?

Postby shntn » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:01 pm

getemgoon wrote:My interview at Northwestern is coming up.

I haven't submitted my application yet - still working on personal statement, busy with work and life, etc. Does it matter whether I submit my application before or after the interview? Do they prefer that you submit your application before the interview?

also would it look bad to reschedule? interview is more than 2 weeks away so it wouldn't be a last minute change.

Thanks.

I submitted mine before the interview, but my friend didn't. I think it's fine either way. In fact, I kind of wish I hadn't submitted mine beforehand since the interviewer offered to answer any questions about the application process, to which I was forced to reply, "Nah, I'm good. But thanks."

And feel free to reschedule. Two weeks is plenty of notice. I doubt they'll even notice, TBH, since it's all scheduled electronically.

getemgoon
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:03 am

Re: should i submit my app before Northwestern interview?

Postby getemgoon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:19 pm

thanks for the reassurance. i wasn't sure whether they would ask questions from my application (along with the normal set of questions they ask, per another NU interview thread).

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: should i submit my app before Northwestern interview?

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:26 pm

You could take along a copy of your resume just in case, but having the rest of the app in is entirely unnecessary. The interview stands alone as just another box to check to make your whole package complete.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: should i submit my app before Northwestern interview?

Postby shntn » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:31 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:You could take along a copy of your resume just in case, but having the rest of the app in is entirely unnecessary. The interview stands alone as just another box to check to make your whole package complete.

Oh definitely bring a resume.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: should i submit my app before Northwestern interview?

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:33 pm

shntn wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:You could take along a copy of your resume just in case, but having the rest of the app in is entirely unnecessary. The interview stands alone as just another box to check to make your whole package complete.

Oh definitely bring a resume.
Yeah, if other people are recommending taking a resume, definitely do. I didn't actually interview, so my advice on the interview itself is worthless. But I know about the app process. :P




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lexaholik and 6 guests