Letter of recommendation mix up Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
clouded.memory

Bronze

Letter of recommendation mix up

Post by clouded.memory » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:03 pm

I'm freaking out just a tiny bit right now. I checked my LSAC account this afternoon to see if any of my letters of rec were put into the system, and it seems LSAC assigned the letters incorrectly- one was under the correct professor's name, and the other two were under a different professor (who just happens to have the same last name). It's past 7pm, so I can't call LSAC to get this problem corrected. Does anyone even know if there's a way to fix this?

Now I'm really worried that LSAC will mess up with my other professor's letters, as well. Do you think it would be too much to ask LSAC to check those letters, once they are received, to see if they are correctly assigned (i.e., the targeted letters are actually assigned correctly)?

Thanks!

bp shinners

Gold

Re: Letter of recommendation mix up

Post by bp shinners » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:58 pm

clouded.memory wrote:I'm freaking out just a tiny bit right now. I checked my LSAC account this afternoon to see if any of my letters of rec were put into the system, and it seems LSAC assigned the letters incorrectly- one was under the correct professor's name, and the other two were under a different professor (who just happens to have the same last name). It's past 7pm, so I can't call LSAC to get this problem corrected. Does anyone even know if there's a way to fix this?
Relax, call them up on Monday when they open. Applications will still be open, and you won't be at a disadvantage.
Now I'm really worried that LSAC will mess up with my other professor's letters, as well. Do you think it would be too much to ask LSAC to check those letters, once they are received, to see if they are correctly assigned (i.e., the targeted letters are actually assigned correctly)?

Thanks!
Don't do this. You'd essentially be saying, "Can you double check to make sure you're doing your job right?" That's insulting. Yes, they messed up, but it's an understandable mistake (the two professors having the same last name). Get this problem checked out and fixed, then double check the letters yourself when they arrive.
Last edited by bp shinners on Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clouded.memory

Bronze

Re: Letter of recommendation mix up

Post by clouded.memory » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:12 pm

I guess I just don't understand how they mixed them up when they're obviously labeled L1, L2, etc., and each form has the professor's full name at the bottom. It's for that reason why I'm a little worried- that they could screw up the assignment, as they already ssigned my L1-3 letters as L3-5.

But I do understand your point. I definitely don't want to be insulting. Thanks!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”