Why X essay title? + DS question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
nkime

New

Why X essay title? + DS question

Post by nkime » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:21 am

Hi, I'm writing DS and Why X school essays and I have two questions.

1. If I write a Why X Law school essay, what title should I put on the top of the essay?
Just "Why X Law?" will be fine?

2. I'm a foreign applicant, lived in my country(Asia) for 25+yrs except for one year in America.
I know Asians are not considered as URM, so I'm not sure if my DS will work positively on my apps.
If I write one, the essay will be about cultural difference between my country and America, and my experience of living as a minority in America. Should I write a DS?

Thanks for your help :lol:

bp shinners

Gold

Re: Why X essay title? + DS question

Post by bp shinners » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:14 pm

nkime wrote:Hi, I'm writing DS and Why X school essays and I have two questions.
1. If I write a Why X Law school essay, what title should I put on the top of the essay?
Just "Why X Law?" will be fine?
Just don't call it 'Why I want to go to Terrible Law School' and you'll be fine.
2. I'm a foreign applicant, lived in my country(Asia) for 25+yrs except for one year in America.
I know Asians are not considered as URM, so I'm not sure if my DS will work positively on my apps.
If I write one, the essay will be about cultural difference between my country and America, and my experience of living as a minority in America. Should I write a DS?

Thanks for your help :lol:
That's a fine diversity statement to write.

nkime

New

Re: Why X essay title? + DS question

Post by nkime » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:32 pm

Thank you for the reply! :)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”