typo, suicidal?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Woods

typo, suicidal?

Postby Woods » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:38 pm

Somehow, I misspelled a really basic word in the application form, I think the mistake is obvious. :cry:
Should I contact the admission office about this before they review my file, or should I not bring it up?
Thanks!

Davidbentley

Re: typo, suicidal?

Postby Davidbentley » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:40 pm

Immediately.

Woods

Postby Woods » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:43 pm

Davidbentley wrote:Immediately.

but it's an online application form on LSAC, I can't find the pdf version to complete a new form.
Should I just email them and identify the mistake?

ctmx

Postby ctmx » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:46 pm

where was the mistake?

Woods

Postby Woods » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:51 pm

ctmx wrote:where was the mistake?

family member, relationship to the applcant

my question is since the mistake is already there, does it make a difference that I realized it, given the school is Columbia?

Lavitz

Postby Lavitz » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:53 pm

I'm confused. Didn't you give exactly the opposite advice in a similar thread here?

Davidbentley

Postby Davidbentley » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:07 am

Lavitz wrote:

I'm confused. Didn't you give exactly the opposite advice in a similar thread here?

I did indeed, many times in fact. But sometimes I adhere to a "freak out and run like hell" philosophy.

Woods

Postby Woods » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:51 am

Davidbentley wrote:
Lavitz wrote:

I did indeed, many times in fact. But sometimes I adhere to a "freak out and run like hell" philosophy.

so I shouldn't bring it up?

WhiteyCakes

Postby WhiteyCakes » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:13 am

Woods wrote:Somehow, I misspelled a really basic word in the application form, I think the mistake is obvious. :cry:
Should I contact the admission office about this before they review my file, or should I not bring it up?
Thanks!

I would take a breath and let it go. Yeah, they'll probably notice it, but in all likelihood you aren't the only perosn who has done it and there are more important things to your application that they'll be more concerned with.

mr.hands

Postby mr.hands » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:28 am

WhiteyCakes wrote:
Woods wrote:Somehow, I misspelled a really basic word in the application form, I think the mistake is obvious. :cry:
Thanks!

I would take a breath and let it go. Yeah, they'll probably notice it, but in all likelihood you aren't the only perosn who has done it and there are more important things to your application that they'll be more concerned with.

OP, relax. They probably wont even see it. They sift through thousands of applications a year. Your typo wasnt in your personal statement, so they won't be looking that closely at it. Even if they do notice, they're not going to ding you for it. That would be ludicrous.

I promise you're fine. No worries

Redamon1

Postby Redamon1 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:55 am

mr.hands wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:
Thanks!

OP, relax. They probably wont even see it. They sift through thousands of applications a year. Your typo wasnt in your personal statement, so they won't be looking that closely at it. Even if they do notice, they're not going to ding you for it. That would be ludicrous.

I promise you're fine. No worries

+1

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”