Any advice on what decent law schools I can get into?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ltmrem

Any advice on what decent law schools I can get into?

Postby ltmrem » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:22 am

Hi- I am new to this forum. Any advice on what decent law schools I should apply to and possibly get into with a 3.1 GPA and a 160 LSAT? I plan to retake LSAT in October. I am graduating in June so GPA maybe a little higher. Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

The Duck

Re: Any advice on what decent law schools I can get into?

Postby The Duck » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:26 am

ltmrem wrote:Hi- I am new to this forum. Any advice on what decent law schools I should apply to and possibly get into with a 3.1 GPA and a 160 LSAT? I plan to retake LSAT in October. I am graduating in June so GPA maybe a little higher. Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

There are no decent law schools you'll get into with that GPA/LSAT...sorry. Not trying to be harsh but in this economy decent = the top 14 schools. Read around some of the threads for more information.

honeybadger12

Postby honeybadger12 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:54 am

ltmrem wrote:Hi- I am new to this forum. Any advice on what decent law schools I should apply to and possibly get into with a 3.1 GPA and a 160 LSAT? I plan to retake LSAT in October. I am graduating in June so GPA maybe a little higher. Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

http://mylsn.info/dispresults.php

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:09 pm

The Duck wrote:

There are no decent law schools you'll get into with that GPA/LSAT...sorry. Not trying to be harsh but in this economy decent = the top 14 schools. Read around some of the threads for more information.

That's not necessarily true. A solid regional in an area you have ties with a good scholly can still be a good option.

Nova

Postby Nova » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:14 pm

Crowing wrote:
The Duck wrote:

That's not necessarily true. A solid regional in an area you have ties with a good scholly can still be a good option.

+1

ltmrem

Postby ltmrem » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:15 pm

Thanks for the advice.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”