LSN 2012-2013...It's Back!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
WhiteyCakes

Re: LSN 2012-2013...It's Back!

Postby WhiteyCakes » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:28 am

guinness1547 wrote:
North wrote:The 1% is really coming out of the woodwork in this beautiful thread.

No kidding.

All should be up to date....we are the 1%!

specialsnowflake

Postby specialsnowflake » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:02 am

WhiteyCakes

Postby WhiteyCakes » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:12 am

specialsnowflake wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/specialsnowflake

161 (Retaking in October)

Nice avi

MsAvocadoPit

Postby MsAvocadoPit » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:00 am

Last edited by MsAvocadoPit on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhiteyCakes

Postby WhiteyCakes » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:02 am

MsAvocadoPit wrote:Retaking in October - expecting a significant increase (I REALLY choked in June)
URM - white / MA
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/MsAvocadoPit

3.4 GPA
Don't want to post horrible LSAT, wait for new one!

Just out of curiosity, what does "white/MA" mean?

danitt

Postby danitt » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:00 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
MsAvocadoPit wrote:Retaking in October - expecting a significant increase (I REALLY choked in June)
URM - white / MA
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/MsAvocadoPit

3.4 GPA
Don't want to post horrible LSAT, wait for new one!

White/Mexican American.

WhiteyCakes

Postby WhiteyCakes » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:04 pm

danitt wrote:

White/Mexican American.[/quote]

Ahhh thanks...should have been obvious

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:32 pm

MsAvocadoPit wrote:Don't want to post horrible LSAT, wait for new one!

Think I found it out based on the information on your LSN profile but I don't think it's a bad score at all. Let's just kill it in a few weeks and our less than satisfactory first time scores will disappear into thin air.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:48 pm

DaRascal wrote:

Think I found it out based on the information on your LSN profile but I don't think it's a bad score at all. Let's just kill it in a few weeks and our less than satisfactory first time scores will disappear into thin air.

Got any good movie ideas?

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:36 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
DaRascal wrote:

I came up with a new one about a guy who predicts with 99% certainty that the experimental section in October will be in the first three sections. He then enlists a private pharmaceutical company to create a pill that can change a person's physical apperance for two hours at most. When the break comes during the October LSAT, the test taker goes to the bathroom and unties Dave Hall (blackmailed by the LSAT taker; Has to take the final two sections and go -0 on each or else) and makes him take the pill and take the last two sections for him. The writing sample takes longer than usual and they end up pushing the two hour limit.... just as Dave is leaving to go to the parking lot, the proctor notices his hair beginning to change back to its original color.

The proctor phones LSAC and the movie then turns into a crime drama revolving around attempts to arrest and prosecute the test taker who covers all his tracks, kills off witnesses, and cuts all the loose ends that would implicate him in cheating on the LSAT.

I think it could be a decent movie.

Nova

Postby Nova » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:46 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
shadowofjazz wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/shadowofjazz

I'm curious as to the new features they said would be rolling out.

Shadow I'm putting you in the URM category...this is correct, right?

Shadow is an ORM :P

And congrats on UVA shadow!!! :mrgreen:

shifty_eyed

Postby shifty_eyed » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:37 pm

DaRascal wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
DaRascal wrote:

I came up with a new one about a guy who predicts with 99% certainty that the experimental section in October will be in the first three sections. He then enlists a private pharmaceutical company to create a pill that can change a person's physical apperance for two hours at most. When the break comes during the October LSAT, the test taker goes to the bathroom and unties Dave Hall (blackmailed by the LSAT taker; Has to take the final two sections and go -0 on each or else) and makes him take the pill and take the last two sections for him. The writing sample takes longer than usual and they end up pushing the two hour limit.... just as Dave is leaving to go to the parking lot, the proctor notices his hair beginning to change back to its original color.

The proctor phones LSAC and the movie then turns into a crime drama revolving around attempts to arrest and prosecute the test taker who covers all his tracks, kills off witnesses, and cuts all the loose ends that would implicate him in cheating on the LSAT.

polyjuice potion?

North

Postby North » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:49 pm

DaRascal wrote:I came up with a new one about a guy who predicts with 99% certainty that the experimental section in October will be in the first three sections. He then enlists a private pharmaceutical company to create a pill that can change a person's physical apperance for two hours at most. When the break comes during the October LSAT, the test taker goes to the bathroom and unties Dave Hall (blackmailed by the LSAT taker; Has to take the final two sections and go -0 on each or else) and makes him take the pill and take the last two sections for him. The writing sample takes longer than usual and they end up pushing the two hour limit.... just as Dave is leaving to go to the parking lot, the proctor notices his hair beginning to change back to its original color.

TWIST: Dave, ever honest, flips the protagonist's Scan-tron over during the test and amends the Certifying Statement to say, “I am NOT here to take the LSAT for the sole purpose of being considered for admission to law school,” causing the protagonist's score to be withheld by LSAC anyway.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:00 pm

North wrote:
DaRascal wrote:I came up with a new one about a guy who predicts with 99% certainty that the experimental section in October will be in the first three sections. He then enlists a private pharmaceutical company to create a pill that can change a person's physical apperance for two hours at most. When the break comes during the October LSAT, the test taker goes to the bathroom and unties Dave Hall (blackmailed by the LSAT taker; Has to take the final two sections and go -0 on each or else) and makes him take the pill and take the last two sections for him. The writing sample takes longer than usual and they end up pushing the two hour limit.... just as Dave is leaving to go to the parking lot, the proctor notices his hair beginning to change back to its original color.

TWIST: Dave, ever honest, flips the protagonist's Scan-tron over during the test and amends the Certifying Statement to say, “I am NOT here to take the LSAT for the sole purpose of being considered for admission to law school,” causing the protagonist's score to be withheld by LSAC anyway.

LMFAO!!!!

dsn32

Postby dsn32 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:35 pm

I'll add mine: MGoHilton http://lawschoolnumbers.com/MGoHilton

Yukos

Postby Yukos » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:47 pm

Anyone else have problems editing your apps to put in a "received" and "complete" date on Chrome? When I click the box for "received" for example, it changes my "sent" date, not my received date. I have to open up Safari to actually put in the received date. Not a big deal obviously, but annoying.

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:19 pm

Yukos wrote:Anyone else have problems editing your apps to put in a "received" and "complete" date on Chrome? When I click the box for "received" for example, it changes my "sent" date, not my received date. I have to open up Safari to actually put in the received date. Not a big deal obviously, but annoying.

Are you typing the dates in manually instead of selecting them from the calendar?

WhiteyCakes

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:24 pm

Crowing wrote:
Yukos wrote:Anyone else have problems editing your apps to put in a "received" and "complete" date on Chrome? When I click the box for "received" for example, it changes my "sent" date, not my received date. I have to open up Safari to actually put in the received date. Not a big deal obviously, but annoying.

Are you typing the dates in manually instead of selecting them from the calendar?

Using the cal on IE...same problem

VasaVasori

Postby VasaVasori » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:25 pm

Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yukos

Postby Yukos » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Crowing wrote:

Clicking them on the calendar. When I tried to type them in manually before, it just ignored my changes, but I think it's because I forgot to type the "0" in "09-xx-12."

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:47 pm

For the amount of faith we place in it, LSN is a pretty shitty website.

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:48 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
Crowing wrote:

Using the cal on IE...same problem

Er, maybe I phrased that poorly. What I mean is you should type them instead of using the calendar as the calendar causes screwups.

shntn

Postby shntn » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:48 pm

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/soyyo/

I think I'm a candidate for the splitter list.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:52 pm

shntn wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/soyyo/

You're a candidate for the "fuck you, and don't forget us when you're at Cravath" list.

shntn

Postby shntn » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:53 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
shntn wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/soyyo/

You're a candidate for the "fuck you, and don't forget us when you're at Cravath" list.

LOLcravath

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”